Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Things I never thought I'd say...

I went for a lovely run in the snow this morning!

Re: Things I never thought I'd say...

I ran past Sue F this morning, with her dogs, but not sure she recognised me in all the buffs I had on... :grinning:

I do admire anyone who runs in the snow. Maybe I am just being a tart but how do you know you won't slip over a break a bone? Surely running in the snow increases the chances of this.Is it worth it for sake of not running for just a few days until it passes?

Steve, normally I would totally agree with you - I HATE the stuff and today was back on the dreadmill but for some reason yesterday it was OK - just an inch of dry powdery stuff and a lovely bright day so I put on my off road shoes (plus thick running trousers, long socks, a vest, 3 long sleeved tops, 2 buffs round my neck and 1 on my head and 2 pairs of gloves) and went for a careful jog round Hitchwood and Stagenhoe so only about 200m of road that had barely been driven on so was OK.

Looks like it's dreadmill for a few days now...

I have run over Oughton Head Common for the last two evenings - head torch, trail shoes, several layers of clothing etc. - felt perfectly safe underfoot until I got back onto the road yesterday and it was getting very icy. Last night I did less than three miles, and couldn't feel my feet or hands for about half an hour after I got home. We are hardcore Squirrels ......:snowflake: