Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 10

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

As we have all been experiencing the cold and the snow over the past few days, I thought you may just be interested in the Iceland Laugavegur Ultra Marathon. Places are full for this year's race in July, but entries are open for next year and at only 34 miles it is not that much over marathon distance! :runner: :snowflake:

My Lulworth Cove marathon has been cancelled on Saturday due to the weather. They are hoping to reschedule later in the year, so still hoping to be able to take part. Always good to have a back-up, so hoping it will be better conditions at Haverhill the following week!

Good luck to all those racing this weekend and venturing outside in the cold!

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 10

Just clocked up 10.5 running up to fsom, round the Common and back again in the snow. Lovely snow to run in, not icy at all.😊

3 scoring runs this week

15.1 on Wednesday on the greenway
12 on Friday suffering on the treadmill
20.4 around Baldock this morning

And another 10.5 today.up to .Pegston Hills from Ickleford. More slush than snow today but always lovely up there!

10 miles round a very slushy Grafham Water this morning

Hi Sue

I ran Cambridge HM today, thanks

Big Half this morning in London, 13.1 miles.
Finishing time, 2:12:56. This VLM training is paying off.

16.2 miles up to the Greenway from Ickleford, right round and then back down to Ickleford again. Found it hard going today with lots of mud, slush and puddles to negotiate - had to give myself a good talking to between 11 and 12 miles as I just wanted to bail! Saw Kat who was doing 18 miles I think, and didn't seem to be having a great time either, but we are runners and we keep going :weary: I'm hoping I will feel more energetic for Ashridge Boundary Run in a couple of week's time ....

Bit of a down week for long runs, but could have been worse...

I managed to clock up;

Wednesday - 10 miles
Sunday - 15 miles at The Big Half.

Wimped out of running on the roads and it was slippery than an ice rink off road here this morning so did 10 on the dreadmill. Think that deserves an extra point for sheer mind-numbing boredom!

20 miles this morning, marathon training. Muddy snow didn't help, but the pace was good enough :)

14.5 slushy/icey miles. 5.5 short of the 20 planned, pulled up with injury -could be last SORE league post for a while 😢

16 miles for me today, from home to the greenway round a bit then back home!

Hi Sue

12 miles on Wednesday along a snowy River Lea towpath.

18 miles on Sunday around Hitchin and stotfold area with Ed and John R.

Many thanks

Stewart

!0.04 slushy miles around Grafham Water with 8 other lunies from the Yellow Group. And yes I Obsessively ran around the car park until 10 clocked up.

A slushy Grafham Water lap & a bit more to make the distance up to 10 miles on Sunday.

Thx

London Big Half Marathon! Thanks

12 tough miles for me, helped round by Ed and Stewart.

Sorry to tell you so late - I did 17.5 miles on Sunday - twice round a very slushy Grafham Water.