Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 6th, Thurs 8th & Sat 10th March

Blue group session on Tuesday is 6 x 1M, 10km/HM pace, at St Paul's with 90s recovery, Green group will be on the Broadway/South View loop for 5-6 x 1200m also at 10km/HM pace with 90s recovery. Yellow group will be at Runnalow for 6 x 0.5M loops with 2mins recovery and purple group have a ladder of 4/3/2/1 mins at Grange Road with 60s between each effort. The ladder is out and back so it's 2 x 4/3/2/1 mins, that is 20 mins in total plus your warm up and warm down walk/easy run.

On Thursday blues and greens have 12-16 300m reps at 5km pace with 100m easy running between each effort on the South View side of Broadway. Yellow group will be on the St Francis side of Broadway for 5 x 1km whilst purples have a 40 min continuous run. The marathon session on Thursday is 10mins warm up followed by 15 mins at marathon pace, 8 x 2mins at 5km pace with 60s easier running between each effort, 10 mins at MP and 10 mins warm down. Great session at this stage of training, you will feel awesome when you have finished.

There will be a coached track session on Saturday with drills followed by 600m reps. £2 payable to FVS. Please post below if you will be attending. Happy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tues 6th, Thurs 8th & Sat 10th March

I'll be at track Karen hopefully some of the purples will join me

I will be at the track on Saturday

i am planning to be there :-)

I’m racing Saturday morning, so I won’t be at the track this week. Have fun. :runner: :four_leaf_clover:

Tuesday's and Thursday's planned activities were quite similar, so I've decided that on Thursday we'll do the Fartlek we missed last week because of the snow:

Fartlek - 2,3,4,5,4,3,2 mins - loop back/2 mins recovery

Ooh - gotta love a fartlek .... Can I join Team Yellow tonight please, Coach Brian? :smiley:

:relaxed: