Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Race results and Vet 60 first place at festival of Running Milton Keynes.

Results have just come in for the Milton Keynes Festival of Running. I ran the 10K. There are thousands of runners as there is a 5/10K, half and 20 miler that day so I did not see any other NHRR runners . This is what I have found:

5K race : None . Presumably not worth getting out of bed for this one.

10K Race: Dave F :00:43:41 Helen Ferguson 1:05:41 . 10k Clare Hooley, 1:20:13

Half Marathon:
James Keogh 01:29:18. Katherine Burr 01:38:57. Helen Govey 02:12:02. Brian Bailey 02:12:27

20 mile masochists: Only one: Ben Ryan 3:07:11

So well done all and presumably finding some parking as well!

Can’t speak for anyone else but I found the course unexpectedly hilly, running up ''Mount'' Campbell Park at the end seemed very hard work. I was quite pleased though as I was the first vet 60. Not the fastest time I have done but you can only beat who turns up and it’s not bad off 15 miles a week training. The body has promised to be fit enough for some decent training now but I've heard that before so you just have to enjoy what you can do.

I would do the Festival again as its got a good atmosphere but be warned you need to get there early for parking. There are a LOT of runners and even with staggered starts I found myself involved in heavy traffic from the previous 5k race start on narrow footpaths.

Dave.

Re: Race results and Vet 60 first place at festival of Running Milton Keynes.

Was just finishing this when noticed Dave’s thread so sorry for any repeated info.

There were a few of us at the MK festival of running this morning (gun time results below). This includes several different distances, I was doing the half and was pretty pleased with how it went following some slightly disrupted training. Had heard rumours that the course could be quite tough (apparently there was one year when it was slushy snow and fierce headwinds round the lakes) but it was ok today. Quite fast and flat apart from one short sharp hill about a mile from the finish. There were plenty of pacers at different speeds and I found the glimpses of the two 1hr30 pacer flags catching me up quite motivational in the last couple of miles! Believe that Brian and Helen G both went slightly faster than expected too; Brian was first place Vet 70 for the half. Clare did the 10k and was very happy to get round with only a small amount of tactical walking, bearing in mind she is coming back from injury; this being her first 10 k ever it was obviously a pb, she’s aiming to do a 10 k with no walking as the next goal.

We were there at 8:50 when there was plenty of parking, but thanks to Helen for her guidance on where was best, as it wasn’t obvious where to go. In fact there were unused parking spaces right by the start but getting to them was another matter.

Didn’t see the others, but hopefully everyone else had fun too!
Congratulations to Dave, as well as Brian, for the Vets first places.

20 MILE
POS NAME BIB GUN TIME
518 Ben Ryan 5304 03:07:46

HALF
POS NAME BIB GUN TIME
68 James Keogh 3024 01:29:26
189 Katherine Burr 3109 01:39:06
965 Helen Govey 3284 02:12:52
975 Brian Bailey 3265 02:13:18

POS NAME BIB GUN TIME
55 David Frampton 2521 00:43:48
773 Helen Ferguson 1590 01:05:53
1230 Clare Hooley 1713 01:21:33

Fantastic running all of you- especially as for me Milton Keynes has nothing but bad memories of interminable laps of lakes or endless identical cycle paths. You deserve your medals for digging deep mentally and coping with the boredom. And then there was the parking which is something I would not hurry to experience again, and as for the organised by baboons baggage lorry when we were all soaked to the skin and nearing hypothermia... That's enough of that trip down memory lane, I'm beginning to shudder! Not somewhere I will be rushing to run again!

Well done all - particular congratulations to Dave and Brian on their age group triumphs, and to Clare on her first 10k.

Well done everyone! Will definitely put this in the diary for 2019:)

Well done to everyone especially Dave and Brian on their first place finishes in their age category. Good to see you back Brian, I shall need to keep an eye on you again.

Ian

Well done all, especially you age group winners