Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BMAF Indoor Championships 3000m Race Walk

Picketts Lock Athletics Centre

I went back to North London today for the BMAF Indoor Championships.

On current form the 3 best Masters were probably in the race - albeit in different age groups - so I knew a sensible race would be good enough for a medal. An unusual situation for me as I've never run or walked a tactical race in my life. Race winner Francisco Reis has given me some excellent advice and has also invited me to train with him which has been a big boost at a time when I need coaching on better technique to help me improve. No cautions yellow or red this time got his approval.

I came 3rd in 15:55:89 behind Francisco who is European Masters Champion, and Ian Richards a Moscow Olympian.

It was sufficient though to win the V50 Gold

This week it will be a year since I had to give up running. As a result I've got involved in a sport which I have found to be equally rewarding.

Dave : )

Re: BMAF Indoor Championships 3000m Race Walk

Congratulations again! Another wonderful performance, you've taken to tbe sport like a duck to water

Well done David, You have come a long way in that first year, and the fitness and training ethic you brought from running has paid off.

Well done David, loving hearing about your walking successes!

Congratulations! Winning a BMAF title is amazing after just 1 year of walking. Are you thinking of entering the Europeans or Worlds?