Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 13th, Thurs 15th & Sat 17th March

Purple group session on Tuesday is a fartlek of 4 x 7mins with 2mins easier running between each effort. The warm up will be a walk followed by a 5min jog with the cool down including a short period of walking back to the club. This will need to be run in groups as 2mins will not be long enough for the whole group to get back together. Thursday's session is an easy 30 minute run working on relaxed form.

Yellow group session is 3 x 1M on the St Paul's loop starting and finishing at the Methodist church roundabout. On Thursday yellows have a fartlek of 10 x 2mins with 2mins easier running to loop back and re-group.

Green group session is 4 x 5mins Blackhorse Rd hills on Tuesday followed by a 30min tempo run with blue group on Thursday. The tempo run should be an effort where you can say 4 words but not hold a continuous conversation:)

Blue group session on Tuesday is 8-10 x Wheat Hill reps with 60s active recovery. Thursday is either a 30min tempo run with green group or the marathon session is a 10M run with a 1M warm up followed by an 8 mile progression run starting at 1minute slower than marathon pace and increasing by 5s per mile each mile. The increase needs to be an easy shift of pace rather than a sudden speed up:) A 1M warm down will finish the session.

Saturday's track session will be coached by Pete as I am starting my massage course. Usual drills to improve strength and conditioning and running form followed by 400m reps.

As always you are very welcome to come along and organise a social run as there has been lots of racing recently and easy weeks are important. Enjoy!

Re: Training Tues 13th, Thurs 15th & Sat 17th March

I will be at track Saturday thankyou

Hi, I'll probably only be able to join you on Saturday this week

I’ll be at the track on Saturday.

I'll be at the track saturday asim working Thursday

Hi all, it's snowing a little... we're still meeting up at the track? What time should I be there?

Hi Angeliki,

Get there between 9:00-9:10.
We start at 9:15.

We meet inside in the stand. Bring some warm gear for the drills before the reps.

Ridlins End Sports Centre
Woodcock Rd, Stevenage SG2 9PG
https://goo.gl/maps/Dj9H5D7NwA12

Thank You!!