Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Race Result - Ashridge Boundary Run

This is a challenging trail race. A 16.3 mile circuit of the Ashridge National Trust estate near Tring with over 1400ft of climbing and a spectacular run along the ridge of Ivinghoe Beacon in the early part of the race.

The Beast from the East made an unwelcome return on race day adding snow and bitter wind conditions for runners, but the real challenge was the mud. Lots of it.

Despite the harsh conditions our Vet Women did really well, Suzy Trott finished 1st in the FV40 category, in 2:29:02 with only 5 senior women ahead of her. Caroline Thrussell running well again after injury was 2nd FV50 in 2:48:16 and Miranda Morgan was first home in the FV60 category in 3:12:01.

Provisional Results:

85th Martyn Annetts 2:29:02
89th Suzy Trott 2:29:45 (1st FV40)
159th Barbara Sayers 2:44:45
170th Caroline Thrussell 2:48:16 (2nd FV50)
233rd Linda Aird 3:04:38
254th Miranda Morgan 3:12:01 (1st FV60)
283rd Carina Quayle 3:31:24

Re: Race Result - Ashridge Boundary Run

Well done all, especially those category winners - sounds like a tough run made even harder by the weather.

The mud was brutal, definitely need to do some investigation into better trail shoes. Great cake at the finish 'though. 😊

Caroline
The mud was brutal, definitely need to do some investigation into better trail shoes. Great cake at the finish 'though. 😊
Caroline - I can thoroughly recommend Salomon Speedcross for muddy trails. I've used them on trails and OCRs and they are fabulous in mud and snow. I don't know what size you are but if you ever want me to bring them to the club let me know. Andy has them too for the same reason.

Well done to all of you! Great results.

If only it were 20 miles longer... Well done everyone - sounds like a great run - and great to see Suzy back in the results!

Caroline
The mud was brutal, definitely need to do some investigation into better trail shoes. Great cake at the finish \'though. 😊
Caroline - I ran in a pair of Inov8 Mudclaws , definitely good in deep mud and cushioned enough to run 16 Miles in them .

I've had a few people recommend inov8 mud claws I was worried about lack of cushioning as I'm use to nice padded asics, but that's a good recommendation martyn. Think I may have to invest.

love my mudclaws too...the only thing that I don't like about them is that I think the bit behind the heel is a touch high...

Very well done everyone, 🙂

Great running everyone for a cold windy day!