Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BoxFit 5 hour Endurance

This had nothing at all going for it except that it was only a tenner to enter and it was only 25 miles away - and that was before it snowed! 5 hours to complete as many 5.5 mile flat as a pancake laps sort of around a lake starting from Stewartby Water Sports Centre. With the forecast of sub zero temperatures and snow, getting up at 5.15 this morning for an 8am start I really did wonder what on earth I was doing. The only positive was that as it was laps if running conditions were too awful I could always stop after one lap and go home. However, as it was to be my running buddy Frances' actual 300th marathon (not knowing how many laps she would do today she will celebrate officially at the Daffodil Dawdle next week), that was unlikely to happen unless we obviously weren't going to hit marathon distance before the cut-off time.

Off we set, me wearing nearly all my running clothes - well thick tights and socks, a vest, 2 long sleeved tops, a jacket, 2 pairs of gloves, 2 buffs round my neck and face and 2 on my head - and it was great! Fantastic running surface, fairly twisty route so it didn't feel like laps, mile markers that seemed to pop up quicker than expected, very little snow or ice and cheery marhalls who must have been FROZEN. Had a minor celebration at 26.2 as Frances completed her 300th marathon and then continued to complete our 5th lap and 27.5 miles in 4.42 having taken it very easy all the way!

One I will be doing again - but hopefully on a lovely sunny day!

Re: BoxFit 5 hour Endurance

Well done Jo, a lot of races cancelled this weekend and today was very cold.

Fantastic performance Jo and how lovely to run with Frances and support her in her 300th marathon:)

Amazing endurance Jo -I found 16.5 miles gruelling enough yesterday, so very impressed with both your early start and your achievement in such arctic conditions!

Excellent Performance Jo in freezing conditions, especially when you don’t like the cold weather! Fantastic to have run it with Frances on her 300th Marathon! 🙂