Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tough Mudder London North (Hemel Hempstead) Sat 7th July anyone??

Hi

I’m booked on the full TM on the Saturday and wondered if anyone else from NHRR was doing this (or fancied having a day in the mud)?

If you have never done one then don’t be put off by the hype as it’s not as hard as they make out and there is a lot of help on offer (you can even skip obstacles if you really want to) it doesn’t matter.

Prices go up on 29/3, it may seem a bit expensive but the obstacles are way better built and the whole thing better organised than other ‘cheaper’ OCR’s I’ve done.

Cheers
J

Re: Tough Mudder London North (Hemel Hempstead) Sat 7th July anyone??

James - I have to be honest, I can't really see the attraction of these things, and someone must be coining it looking at how much they cost! Running in the mud, yes - I'm all for that. But the cross country season usually satisfies my cravings in that direction - and it's free (for individual club members.) Or do one of Jo and Sue's low-key trail marathons (or longer) more mud, more hills, stiles to clamber over, probably the odd stream to cross - all at a tiny fraction of the price of the TM!

But if you want tough, and you want mud, I recommend you sign up for next year's Ashridge Boundary Run - beautiful scenery, hills, mud, and tea and home made cake at the finish, what's not to like? And all for £18.50 :wink:

I hope you enjoy your outing to TM, anyway! :smile:

Re: Tough Mudder London North (Hemel Hempstead) Sat 7th July anyone??

I did the half mudder last year and loved it (although I ended up very bruised and battered!)!