Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Race result: Great Denham Parkrun #nhrrontour

As the track was closed this week, a few of us headed to the new Parkrun in Bedford, for the 5th Great Denham Parkrun for a bit of speedwork.

It’s a fast course and conditions were nice. It’s a two lap route. There is a sharp bend on the bottom of the loop, after the fast start down hill. But otherwise it’s a nice lap, half on a hard trail surface and half on tarmac path.

We did a lap to reccie the loop, which was a good idea as some of the marshals weren’t out in time for our first lap. Looking around at the start there was a few fast runners. So looked like we’d have company.

We finished with the 4 of us in the top 8 and the race had 4 finishers that were all under 17 mins.

Adam Bowller won the race, with a Parkrun PB and is now the Strava segment KOM :crown: - he also has the course record. :trophy:

John Auld was 3rd with a new Parkrun PB of 16:51. I was aiming for sub 17, so really pleased to do that for the first time. I have had a 17 dead for 5km previously for 5km. I’m 2nd on the Strava segment. :wink:

Stewart Overton was 5th with a new Parkrun PB of 17:09.

Darren Matussa was 8th in 18:40.

Definitely recommend heading there to get a PB.

Re: Race result: Great Denham Parkrun #nhrrontour

Just to add my time was 16:35

As John said this is a fast & flat course if you want to chase a time, just 4 tight turns to slow you down. Being new its a smaller parkrun & as a result there is a nice friendly feel

Sounds perfect I'm looking for a new 5k PB but know where round here for it too hilly might head there :slightly_smiling_face:

Flying squirrels! The marathon training is really paying off, congratulations!