Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 27th, Thurs 29th and Sat 31st March

Blue group session on Tuesday is 6-8 (4 1/2 or 5 3/4M) x 1200m on the Broadway/South View loop with 90s recovery. Green group have 4-6 x 1M on St Pauls also with 90s recovery whilst yellow's session is 1200s also but with 2 mins recovery and taking place on the Grange loop starting opposite the Common and finishing at Grange Rd roundabout. Purple group have 3 or 4 1000m reps on the Broadway/ St Francis loop with a walk round recovery to get back to the start for the next rep.

On Thursday the marathon session is a 10 mile run including 4 miles at marathon pace. Blue and green group have 4 x 5mins Harkness hills whilst yellows and purples both have a ladder. Yellow group will be on the left hand side of Icknield Way starting opposite Weldability for 2 x 5/4/3/2 mins with 60s recovery between reps whilst purples will start from the Mazda garage for 2/3/4/2 mins also with 60s recovery.

Following Rob's presentation last Thursday I will demo 3 great strength and conditioning exercises for runners on Tuesday and Thursday at 7pm before announcements. This week it's squats, lunges and Romanian deadlift.

I have sent a message to Tessa to check if the track is open on Saturday but with it being Easter weekend I wondered if athletes might be away? Please post if you are going to attend track which will be drills and 800s. Happy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tues 27th, Thurs 29th and Sat 31st March

I’ll intend to do the track if it’s on please.

I'd do track if it's on

I’ll be at the track if the session is on Karen.

Many thanks

Stewart

I'll be at track if it's on, thanks Karen.

I will be at track too if it’s on and weather permitting

See you there Jo

I would love to do some track'ing if open

I'll be there tonight with a very aching body so I might be a very slow green or do a social run