Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does anybody fancy a Spartan race? ...My first

Hi all,
New fad... as the title says, I'm scared to do one alone. Anyone interested?

Re: Does anybody fancy a Spartan race? ...My first

Angeliki
Hi all,
New fad... as the title says, I'm scared to do one alone. Anyone interested?
When and where is it? I'm sure there are a few mad enough.:smiley:

Well, I was invited to do one in Florence on 2nd June but I don't trust the person who invited me hahaha! But I want to do it. I think that is a good one but there is also one in Aston Down, Gloucester on 22nd June. And one in Vienna on 15th May but after Monday's first Spartan training session I'm so sore.... I think Vienna is too soon.

Anybody interested please let me know. I have one friend interested but a team of four+ usually gets a discount plus we can help each other and it's more fun.

And with the Spartan in mind, I push myself harder when I feel weak. It's good for motivation and getting out of your comfort zone. Think about it guys:)

Hi

Which distance were you thinking of?
There are several as far as I can make out.

Never done one...
Looks like a Tough Mudder but way harder as there are penalties for not completing it as per official standards.

J

James Drew
Hi

Which distance were you thinking of?
There are several as far as I can make out.

Never done one...
Looks like a Tough Mudder but way harder as there are penalties for not completing it as per official standards.

J
Hi, although I'd love to do the Super I'm now thinking of the Sprint as it's my first one. If I like it I'll do a super.
Yeah it's hard but the pennalty is 30 burpees :). So that's ok. I've been doing 10 every now and then during the day to get used to them. If i fail 10 out of 20 obstacles...that's 300 burpies! Lol!!

I’m still wavering about this... it sounds pretty good.. the Gloucester one is possible , although it’s a fair trek and the chance of picking up an injury and impacting the MWL (which I do want to try to do this year) is pretty high.

The sensible thing to do would be to stick with the Hemel Hempstead Tough Mudder on 7/7 that I am already doing.

But i’m not always very sensible.

I’ll decide one way or the other in the next couple of days.

Haha!if you're doing a tough mudder you can't be too sensible. We can talk on Tuesday if you're in. there isn't one closer which allows enough time to train :/

I can't run tuesday but will pop into the Spirella at the start for a chat.
To be fair while it sounds great now it won't at the time :smiley:

Even if i don't do the Spartan this year, i'm interested in what training you are doing as i want to get better for the TM on 7/7.

:) well, I really want to do it but I'm scared to go alone. Ok. We will chat on Tuesday and try to lure some others in lol! I'll tell you about training. :)

Hi, there's one closer to us too, Market Harborough 15th July.
Come on ladies and gents, we are tough, let's join one as a team! My crazy friends are all booked up and I'm scared to go alone lol!
James, the tough mudder scares me a bit because of the jumps and a lot of water involved but I'll join you after I've done a Spartan:).

Also there's an Obstacle training centre in Baldock. I'll go on a Wednesday afternoon or Sunday morning to train

I'm out at the moment as I've just had my belly button pierced and it takes a while to heal!

I have done Tough Mudder a couple of times, another OCR which has changed names so I don't know what the new name is and a couple of Wolf Runs. Of the three I loved Wolf Run and would do that again in an instant (well, once the belly button is sorted!).

I would reccommend having a look at that. They have 4 a year, one for each season and the mud is awesome!!!

Hi! Sorry I read it and forgot to reply! I hope it heals quickly so you can join some OCR races soon!

I registered for the Marston Lodge one 15th April. I have a team, currently two of us going but if anyone fancies joining us please let me know!