Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Races results for the weekly report

Please post by 8pm tonight

Re: Races results for the weekly report

Phil - I posted a report on the 10k I did on Friday, just in case it's dropped off the end and you don't see it!

Thanks Linda

Hi Phil
Here’s something for the paper:

Sue and I ventured down to the Great Denham parkrun on Saturday morning.

Sue is on the comeback trail after a series of injuries have recently interrupted her training. On the fast, flat 5K course at Great Denham, Sue blasted off at PB pace and, rolling back the years, negotiated her way round the course in a time of 26:34, coming very close to her parkrun PB set 2 years ago in Bedford.

This was a great indicator that recent training is paying off and a return to form just in time for the imminent midweek league is on the cards.

After the race, Sue said “I wanted to go out hard and try to hang on, rather than play it safe, and it worked! The course is great and definitely one I will do again!”

I slid around Letchworth parkrun for the first time finishing in 33:27. Was pretty pleased with my time given the conditions underfoot and also felt very smug in my mudclaws as I got a lot more grip than most of the others there.