Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Race result: Rotterdam Marathon

4 Squirrels travelled to Rotterdam for the marathon, results were:

Adam Bowller 2:38:07 - V35 club record
Matt Sayers 2:46:48
Stewart Overton 3:00:24
Ed Price 3:05:54

Very flat course & great support on the route

Re: Race result: Rotterdam Marathon

Well done all!! Great results :)

Fantastic results. Very well done and congratulations Adam on your new club record!

Well done guys

A huge well done to all of you - fantastic times all round. Congratulatins to Adam on the new club record - it's been a good day for club records!

Wow, brilliant! and a slightly agonising 24 seconds for stewart!

these guys have given it everything! Months of severe training, giving up drinking, dieting and running themselves into the ground every week without missing a beat.

This is how you do it! Well done guys!

Congratulations! Great times.

Adam, I've followed your training on Strava which is a great example of determined preparation - this must have given you confidence in your race plan on the day which shows in the very even split times.
Congratulations on the Club record.

Dave : )

What a fabulous set of performances, showing how strong our Club is now.

Special congrats to Adam on the CR. Surely that must be the fastest NHRR marathon for some years?

Four impressive results

Hey these are fantastic times considering it went a bit warm in the last hour meaning if you got dehydrated you could end up all over the shop in the last 10k (get to the last 2k and the crowd won't let you stop).
Adam and especially Matt looked very strong but in real pain as I went past 2k to 3k to the finish (I was running the other way)..... it was good to see the flying Squirrels ..well Flying :)

Fantastic all of you - really well done. A new V35 Club Record is just amazing. I know Stewart must be bit gutted by 24 seconds over 3 hours but don't be - it is still an amazing time. You will get sub-3 - just not this time...

PS I also abstained from vino e birre for 14 weeks - it made no difference to my running, weight, health, sleep etc - I just got more work done!

Hi Jo

I thought i would be gutted but to be honest i was feeling it badly from about 35K so was happy to get over the line and out of the medical tent after 45 minutes :joy:

Although sub 3 was the aim and i am disappointed that didn't happen i ran a new PB and took over 90 seconds off of my November Marathon time so plan B was certainly achieved. At 1 point i thought that finishing would be an effort.

Well done on your 200th Marathon. Fantastic achievement and a serious medal collection i can imagine along with some great memories.

I guess 201 isn't far around the corner.

Best Wishes

Stewart