Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sandy 10 Results

Some excellent results for NHRR runners at the Sandy 10 this morning - in ideal cool, still and damp conditions. This is a course of two halves, with some quite challenging uphills in the first couple of miles, and then fairly gently undulations until you turn back to the start and come down the hills you ran up on the way out - I thoroughly enjoyed the downhill miles and the momentum enabled me to carry on pushing to the finish to achieve my best 10 mile time since I set my PB at the distance in 2011 - and I was only 11 seconds slower than that PB, so well chuffed with that! :smile:

Helen Cairns 1:12:55 (Second FV35 trophy)
Sarah Mitcherson 1:14:08
Caroline Thrussell 1:19:33
Lucy O'Connor 1:19:44 (New FV55 Club Record)
Dervla Downing 1:22:13
Linda Aird 1:22:48
Ian Sutcliffe 1:30:29 (New MV70 Club Record)
Brian Judkins 1:47:11
Vanessa Rolfe 1:49:48

(These are the chip time results, and are incomplete as we had a couple of other runners there who did not show up on the Club results when I searched for them - hopefully they can post their results below.)

Some notable performances from Helen who was second FV35 lady, and Lucy and Ian who both set new club records - a good morning all round I think :slightly_smiling_face:

Re: Sandy 10 Results

Great set of results + a trophy for Helen C + club records, certainly PBs for Lucy & Dervla in her first 10 miler. Ian has raised the V70 bar higher - well done.

Really enjoyed the run today. A very well organised event and nice course with no surprises. Will definitely run it again.

Hi Linda

Thanks for putting the results on the Forum. Well done on your result considering you said you wouldn't do very well today. It was good to see so many members from the club there especially some of our new members.
We even saw Storming Norman.
Ian

Well done all , Lucy , good record.

Ian Sutcliffe = Superstar. You can't keep a good man down.

Dave

Well done everyone, what fabulous times! Looking good for the MWL:)