Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Roma!

Where to start?! I had an absolutely fabulous run and enjoyed every minute! I had 'Maratona 200' pinned to my back so received loads of congratulations from other runners of many nationalities. The sun came out - 23 degrees by the finish so perfect running conditions for me and my first gloveless run this year. Every time it started to feel tough something happened to make me smile again and keep going. Seeing (and stopping to say hello to) Jon, Fin and Sheena 4 times along the way was a huge boost. Being my 200th marathon I was determined to run to enjoy it so ran with neither Garmin nor watch and stopped to drink and eat the amazing blood-oranges at every drink station. I know I can run very consistently but having just checked the stats even I am quite surprised (and pleased!) to see that I ran within 10 seconds per kilometre for 37 kilometres and then sped up for the last 5.

Finishing time - 3:57:40 (half marathon 1:59:47 so a fast finishing negative split!). Not a PB or Club Record but not bad for an old bird who's running at comfortable pace!

Monday it rained. And rained and rained and rained. We ventured out, got soaked within 100 yds, went back to the apartment and stayed there until it eased off at about 5pm... We felt very at home!

Re: Roma!

Congratulations Jo on numero duecento.

It only seems like yesterday that you powered through the first hundred, so I hate to think how many marathons a year you have been running to get to 200. As the most I have managed is 3 in a year (and learnt not to repeat the mistake) I am seriously impressed.

Congratulations Jo, it may not be a record time but surely a record for the number completed & one that will stand for a very long time.

That you still get such enjoyment from them is pleasure to read

Brilliant Jo! Have loved hearing about all your marathons over the last few years!

Congratulations, Jo! Amazing achievment and wish I could have been there! :star:

Fantastic well done :relaxed:

Congratulations Jo absolutely amazing.

Brilliant, Jo. You are an inspiration.

Many congratulations!

Well done Jo, we were hoping to join you for this but it didn't work out so postponed for a year - Maybe it will be number250 next year?

Jo - "not bad for an old bird" is a massive understatement. What you have achieved is absolutely amazing and a huge inspiration to many!
Incredible accomplishment in a cracking time. What a way to mark your 200th! Congratulations.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Amazing! And Sounds like it was a great marathon for your 200th