Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brighton results and comments for news report Please

Hi to all Brighton Marathon runners. I am putting together this weeks report for the paper, please can you let me have times and comments for inclusion like Helen's being overtaken by bananaman at mile 3. Thank you

Re: Brighton results and comments for news report Please

Hi Ruth
Please can you include Lee is the newspaper report, he joined the club a week or two ago.

Lee Hayes MV50
First Marathon
3h 33mins

As long as you also put that I overtook him again! I have SOME pride!!!

My 20th marathon and my 8th out of 9 at Brighton (missing the ever present club through an illness in 2014) saw my first race in the V60 category.Having gone through a rather blustery and damp first half in a shade over 3 hours I managed (as usual) to run out of steam somewhat in the 20 to 23 mile area (someone mention a wall?? - more longer distance endurance training required perhaps), but then maybe after recovering from my kidney stone a few weeks ago not so bad after all. I finished the last mile at quite a quick trot helped by the large number of people watching at that point. At a time of 6:38 quite a way behind some of the speedier members of the club but I note personally that it's my fastest Marathon for over three years! All in all a great weekend by the coast - I just have to get over the pain that I am feeling all over and it will have been all worth it!

Thanks Pat, and to both ladies of course!!!