Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Track on tonight Thurs 19th April

Just to confirm that one of tonight's sessions is the Balke test at Highfield track. Pete or I will go to the track at 7.10pm so you have the option of running or driving to the track. Please make sure you access the track via the car park if you are running and do not try to find a gap in the hedge! The Balke test is a 15min run measuring the distance you run in that time so does need to be run fairly hard. Please bring a drink and an extra layer for when you have finished if you are running home/back to the club. Notices will be at the Spirella as usual and I would anticipate that the warm up would start at about 7.30pm. If you are not able to run tonight I will provide additional opportunities if you are interested.

Re: Track on tonight Thurs 19th April

Is it down Briarpatch Lane Karen

Karen, I'm battling a cold so it wouldn't be a good idea to try this, but I'm happy to come along and help if required.

I am sooooo excited that the track is back.

Ack... trains playing up for a second Thur in a row. James K and I won’t make it. However, we’re were both pretty confident on what pace we would have gone at if we happen to make any of the other sessions (although my calc for the 69 min has me going slower than I can efficiently run, even if 69 min of running was possible for me 😂).
On the positive side, an easy run when it’s a bit cooler later is also appealing.

Hi Hayley, yes it's Highfield track down Briar Patch Lane and you will see a car park on your left hand side opposite a padlocked entrance to the school and before you get to the buildings.

Thanks I thought so I worked down that lane previously

Sorry, I couldn't make it tonight, definitely interested in doing this at some point.