Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORELeague Week 17

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

Congratulations to Helen on her first marathon!

It's finally arrived, the London Marathon weekend! There has been a phenomenal amount of miles put in over the past few months and so things are looking really good for everyone who is participating. I sincerely hope you all have a fantastic run. The atmosphere will be electric and that's not just going to be the hot weather! :sunny:

The oldest lady running is 83 and the oldest male is 87. Maybe they will be running together! :runner: Then there is Katherine Switzer the famous 70 year old who was the first woman to complete the Boston Marathon.

The very best of luck to you all and to everyone else who is running this weekend – keep cool! :four_leaf_clover:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League
Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORELeague Week 17

14 sunny miles around Hitchin Hoop and the Greenway this morning ☀️Thanks Sue

13 miles for me this morning - beautiful day for it, sunny but not too hot. Lovely run up to Preston, with all the birds twittering and the flowers blooming! :sunflower: :tulip: :blossom: :bird: :baby_chick:

HI - I did 13.1 miles ‘round the Greenway this afternoon.

10.5 miles for me today

20 miles this morning taking in 2 laps of Pegsdon Hills, also 10 mile loop yesterday to Pirton :relaxed:

I completed the London marathon today. It was extremely hot and I was unwell at miles 20 and 22. Battled on and have a shiny new medal.

26.2 miles for me today at the London Marathon. Epic day!

14 miles early in the morning yesterday, kind of training for the greenway challenge. flying back to the UK (finally!) tonight :)

Can't remember if I added Valleys and Views from last week and Breckland this week - both 27.

London marathon for me please.

26.2 very hot miles ( temperature not pace)