Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Results and war stories, please - London and elsewhere

Please post your weekend's race results here so I can write them up for the Comet.

I have London Marathon results for John A, Darren S, Adrian, John R, Kat and Chris P, with Jen N due to finish shortly. Have I missed anyone?.

Please tell us how you tackled the heat and also post if you were racing elsewhere.

Thank you!

Re: Results and war stories, please - London and elsewhere

Paul B is running too!

Hi :)

I ran the Athens Poseidon half marathon by the sea. It was a lovely, beautiful race but very very hot. They had water stations every 3km. I did ok. I had to roll down my calf sleeves because my calves did not fit in them after 8km lol!! I ran the next 10km with completely numb legs from the knee down.
I was hoping for 1h50min but I did 1:53:29 which is not great but I came 34th of 182 women!! Haha!! They were pretty slow I guess!!!!

I have photos but I don't know how to upload them.

Well done to all the squirrels who raced!!

I did my first ever parkrun at Letchworth on Saturday (its taken a while to get round to it)
I finished 58th in 27 minutes 59.

2:50:48 for me. 469th overall. It’s a PB by 64 seconds.

Thanks to everybody who turned out to support us today! It was brutally hot for racing a marathon! I didn’t want to give up on my goal so I still went for it! But the weather got the better of me. Still got a PB, so happy, and I’m pleased I gave 2:45 a go. I felt my training at least deserved the attempt...

It was an effort from 9 miles for me, then I really struggled through the last 7 miles! Absolute torture! That was a serious effort and I had many conversations with myself. I kept saying that I can’t give up as everybody has come out in support. I had only a few bad km splits, but I thought back and recovered(ish) each time, but the average pace was dipping. I started to fail my A plan (sub 2:45), and than B plan (sub 2:50). C plan was PB and D plan was sub 3. So I accomplished 2/4.

Highlight was seeing my family after tower bridge and then the NHRR crew. I high-fived my family and then saw Mark and the NHRR crew. It was too much for me at that stage, as I was pushing. I burst into tears as I was struggling and I just thought I have to keep battling as everybody had come out to support. I cried again at the end and collapsed onto the grass.

I then spend the next 20mins watching others do the same act of getting to the floor... made me chuckle, only because 1, it was funny, and 2, I’d done the same just before...

The lads convinced me to wear a hat, and I think this was my saviour.

In summary, too hot! Everybody is a hero! Wish I had the 16week weather report, I’d have had a relaxing winter :upside_down_face:

#TeamNHRR
#BELIEVE

Fantastic results there - seriously well done John - I may be able to run 26 miles monthly, weekly or even daily but I could never do what you have done - but did you enjoy it???

Well done also to Angeliki a hot half - hope you are enjoying a few days out there now - and to Alan on a first attempt at something that I also have yet to attempt!

Well done John and everyone else, could see on the app that the heat was taking it's toll...John, although it wasn't the time you were aiming for, a pb on a day like today is a great achievement.

Breckland Trail Marathon for me - 4.21 and two cuckoos!

Thanks guys!

Jo, I did not enjoy any of it after 18 miles... :upside_down_face: it was torture! The crowd and my supporters got me through it. The crowd, again, were electric! It’s an amazing experience. However, it took a lot of mental strength to keep me going.

Hugely impressive performances all round. Enjoy your recoveries! You all looked so strong! Having been devastated to defer, I was thankful every moment of the day! The coldest winter training and the hottest day for it... so frustrating for the runners.
(Andrew) Mark Edmondson-Jones 3:19:29 is another running squirrel!

Thanks for all these great reports. Very helpful!

No amazing running to report from me unless you include 7.5 very hot miles in the greenway way yesterday!!
Joking aside nhrr team smashed it today each and everyone no matter what the time the conditions were somewhat challenging I have the sunburn to prove it.... Fantastic atmosphere well done everyone

Congratulations to everyone who ran the marathon yesterday. It was very hot just watching it on the TV! I hope you all managed to do better than Mo Farah on trying to get your water from the water stations and holding on to it! Well done John on your PB. A fantastic time! 😀

I did run yesterday but I don't cope well with heat despite my tan.
Loved the day, supporters were fantastic.
My time sadly was 5hrs 13mins. Tan got even better

Well done to everyone yesterday. Fantastic runs by each and every one of you in those conditions. I don't think I have ever seen so many elite runners walking, never mind others.

Well done.

Hi James

I finished 1st place at the Stevenage parkrun on Saturday in a time of 17:26.

Kind Regards

Stewart

I took the easy option and used the london marathon app whilst sitting on the patio, with the TV at the back door. It was so exciting watching Mo and seeing how everyone was doing from NHRR at the same time, quite tiring actually, I had to have a second breakfast to recover. Well done everyone, you are all heroes. Enjoy the strangeness of monday; creaky limbs, inability to use stairs etc etc........x