Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tuesday 1st & Thursday 3rdMay

the session for blues and greens tomorrow, Tuesday 1st may, was supposed to be Balke test 200s at Highfield track but looking at the weather forecast and the current temperature I don't think 200s would be a good idea so am going to suggest 3 x half Balke test distance in 7 1/2 mins with 60s recovery. If you raced Flitwick an easy recovery run will be a better option. Brian will advise yellow group's session whilst purples are on the South View side of Broadway for 3-4 x 1200m with 2 mins recovery.

On Thursday purple and yellow group have 300m reps at Highfield with 100m walk back recovery working in pairs. This could also be an opportunity for anyone who wishes to complete the Balke test to do so and I'm sure, that if this is the only grass track opportunity before the 15th May, that purple and yellows wouldn't mind blues and greens coming along as well. Official blue and green session for Thursday is a fartlek of 2/3/4/5(5)/4/3/2 mins with 1/2 rep recovery and the 2nd 5mins optional. As it's the FSoTM 5km this weekend there will not be a track session on Saturday. Happy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tuesday 1st & Thursday 3rdMay

Tuesday:
Ladder - 2 x (5mins, 4mins, 3mins, 2mins - 60s recovery) 2 min recovery. At Standalone.

Thursday:
Parlauf at Highfield track.

As I am doing fartlek today at lunchtime, I might join you at the track on Thursday for a Balke test but I have no idea what it is so someone will need to explain please! Are road shoes ok for the grass track?

Hi, yes road shoes are fine for the track and we will also be there tonight as it's sunny and dry currently!

Unfortunately I can't make it tonight :/