Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Running or cycling along canals...

A friend of mine told me that her husband was cycling from St Pancras along the Grand Union Canal to his place of work on Tuesday morning when he saw what he thought was an angry looking runner coming towards him. This person ran up to him and pushed him on his bike into the canal. He then went on to push a female runner into the canal and another cyclist before attacking and kicking a canal boat. He was arrested by the police. He had apparently assaulted a number of other people.

So just a reminder that when you are out and about to keep your eyes open and be aware of your surroundings. Hopefully none of us will experience such a horrible incident but we can sometimes become so wrapped up in our thoughts that we don’t see what is coming. 🏃🏼‍♀️😳

Re: Running or cycling along canals...

I'm guessing this was something more than the sadly common intolerance of people towards anyone deemed to be 'in their way' but pretty shocking all the same - especially following on from the runner who was pushed in front of a bus in London. Could this be the same person? That person has not to my knowledge been found yet...

Adds to my reasons for avoiding canals!