Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Run Round The Garden

Dear All,

The Run Round the Garden Race Series is less than 4 weeks away. If you weren't there last time, this is a fun town centre event on roads never normally open for running.

If you want to either run, help out or both please post here. On this event we try to minimise the number of marshals but we will need people for registration and the finish area.

Also, please can you all go on social media and advertise the event or just like the posts that Ed and James are putting out on the NHRR site.

Thank you

Dickie

Re: Run Round The Garden

Hi Dickie

Yes I will be there.

I'm running the 5K but happy to help before / after

Are you having pacers again this year? Would like to pace the sub-30 minutes if possible.

Can we have a sub 35 minutes pacer please!! I'm not upto sub 30 yet....

Hi Dickie

I can help out.
Monica

I am available to help out, looking forward to it, great to see it back!

Hi all,

Further to Dickie's comment, it would be a great help if the social media users amongst us could help spread the word. Here's how:

If you're on Facebook - please share this event, and/or 'Invite Friends' (i.e. other facebook friends who are not club members who you think may be interested).

If you're on Twitter - please retweet this tweet. You can also single out other people on Twitter who you think may be interested by tagging them in 'Add a comment'.

Many thanks!

Ed

I've signed up for the 5k but I'm happy to help with anything that needs doing before and after

Dear All,

Please can you help out if you can. There will definitely be an opportunity to run and help.

Please sign up. Its going to be great.

Dickie

I'm signed up for the 5k and the Mile but happy to help before and after. Does anyone know if the cycle racing event around Broadway Gardens is happening this year?

Hi Alan,

No it isn't. They haven't done it for a couple of years now.

R

I've entered the 5K - but am happy to help however you want me.

Hi I will have the kids with me so not sure how much help I can be, Neve is happy to hand out medals again for the 5k but she is keen to do the kids run.

If I can help with anything before race day like filling race packs more than happy to.

Hey! I’ve entered both 5k and mile. Can help out with anything, can also be a pacer if your having them this time.

Yours in running

Darren M

Happy to help if required.

Happy to help too, I’ve entered the 5K and kids doing the fun run.

I am happy to help out during the race - can help on the finish if you need me to.

Happy to help out before & after I’m running 👍

Sue will be running, I will be there to set up gazebo

I'm happy to help.

Dad.

Love this event so going to help as its great fun! :D

Hels x

Hi Dickie

Happy to help/marshall. I may be running with a child in kiddies race so would like to be free at that time.

Thanks
Helen

I can help setup and am intending to run (depending on how the calf is doing after wrecking it in St Albans MWL).

What time would you need us down there for setup?

Brilliant response for a great event. Thank you to all who are giving up their time and/or an opportunity to run.
Lucy or James will be in touch with you all this week to hand out jobs. Over 260 have entered so far.
Can’t wait. Only 7 sleeps to go.

If you've not done this event before I'll tell you how much fun it is...…
I've taken a days holiday from work to do it!!! :grinning: :articulated_lorry:

Hi Dickie

Looking forward to this and can help out, I’m entered for 5k.
Is the 5K open to buggy runners?

Hi Dickie,

I have changed my mind and decided to run the 5km. I can still help afterwards. I wont be doing the kiddies race.

Helen

We desperately need some extra marshals who aren't running, if you could spare an hour and help out it would be really awesome! Or send your other halves to marshal and cheer you on! Thank you to all the lovely volunteers so far :)

I’m running but happy to help set up

I am running 5K and helping on Sat giving out numbers, but happy to help out otherwise on Sun.

Hi Lucy/ James,

I am free to marshall/ help/ anything you want me to do :)

Katie x

Hi Dickie,

I am free to marshall or help with anything.

Many thanks for all your offers of help.

We are nearly there - just need pacers for 25 and 35 mins. If you are already registered to run perhaps this would appeal?

Darren M - you are the 20 min pacer. Sue F - 30 mins.

Katie - would you like to be Lead Bike?

Lewina - have put you down for water station and Fun Run marshalling.

Marshal briefing is now at 0900.

Full 'Grid' of roles will be posted by Thursday.

Thank you from Lucy and me!

I've entered but could be persuaded to do 35 mins pacing if we think there's demand

Hi Brian
I am sure James will snap your hand off.

Thank you

If you're short of marshals I could probably squeeze Finn into a buggy to keep him in one place long enough to help in one of the races. Think I would be pushing it to try to marshal all three.

Here is the link ( text ) to the marshal grid. Thank you so much for volunteering so we can run these events :smiley: Still looking for a 25 min pacer if anyone is available?

Hi
I haven’t done pacing before but can give it a bash if no one better volunteers.

I probably need to get back to look after my kids post the race so clean up may not be possible.. will play that by ear on the day.

J

I'm around to help on the day if you still need people. Ellie

Hi Dickie - i was wondering if I could still enter the 5K on Sunday - online entry being closed now? Are there any spaces left? Thanks, Russ

Russ, I am entered to run the 5k ...but as l may be pacing (which surely doesn’t count) so my spot is (I suppose) available.
Or if you are practiced at being a 25min pacer then perhaps you do that instead of me?

Ellie, we need an extra marshal so that would be really great if you're free.

James, we managed to find a pacer at club, but thank you for the offer!

Just to say entries are now closed, sorry!

Late entry but I can help setup and marshal

Hi Lindsay, yes I got your message - sorry for duplication. Oh well, next year :relaxed: So I can marshal if any still needed? Best, Russ.

Many thanks, all for volunteering.

My top tip for all those helping with set-up and clear-up is to bring an old pair of gloves - makes it easier to handle those lovely traffic cones, road signs etc.

@steve mc see you at 0700 by the fountains. :sleeping: