Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 29th & Thurs 31st May

After some hard racing weeks we have some options for training this week. On Tuesday blue and green group will be either 2 x Balke test distance in 33 minutes at Highfield track or if wet you could do this on a road route of your choice. If you'd prefer reps then it's 6 - 8 x 1200m on the Broadway/ South View loop @ 10km pace with 90s recovery. Yellow group have 4 x 1000m on the Greenway at Hillbrow and purples are in Norton Common for hills. If it is too wet for the Common then we'll change this to Wheat Hill or Bedford Rd bumps.

On Thursday blues and greens will be at the track for 12-16 x 400m at 5km pace with 90s recovery. If wet we'll move to St Francis. Yellow group session is 4 x 600m and 4 x 300m with 2mins and 1 mins recovery respectively. Purple group session is a ladder of 2 x 5/4/3 mins with 60s recovery between each rep(and 2 x 2mins as well if you feeling awesome!) from Grange Rd roundabout. There is not a session on Saturday as it's the FSoTM 5km. Enjoy! Happy running with NHRR:)

Re: Training Tues 29th & Thurs 31st May

Spunds great, I think it's going to be a Thursday for me this week. :) see you then!

Hi Karen, thanks for choice of training, personally, and since we’ve done a few ~38min threshold races recently, I’d prefer some 8x1200 reps at target 10K pace please. But happy to go with majority.

Trains are very screwed up at the moment so I’m expecting will have to go directly to where the session is. Will assume common is OK given the hills loop is on tarmac?

Will like to do the reps if anybody else would like to join me!

No track tonight so 1200s it is!