Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Race results for weekly press report, week ending 17 June

Hi all,

Please post below any race results from this week/weekend before end of day Sunday 17th June. Any pictures please email to: price.edward7@gmail.com. Anecdotes/quotes appreciated.

Many thanks in advance,

Ed

Re: Race results for weekly press report, week ending 17 June

Paul, Andy and I have posted ours on the Salomon Trail Marathon post below...

Hi

I completed the Stowe 12k run on Friday evening finally. Really beautiful place to run with some stunning views and a few hills. Did slightly more than the 12k as we got a little lost and went slightly off route.

Hi Ed

I ran the Run Bedford 10k this morning in a new PB time of 35:40.

Quick and flat course starting down near the embankment and taking you in a loop around Bedford before a fast finish down the high street and a last K along the river.

Good support out on the course and well organised. Only 30 mins from home so I’d recommend it in future years to other squirrels. If you are new to 10k’s it flat and uncomplicated and if you want a time you can attack it.

Went out hard in a pack with the aim of running 5:50’s average but felt strong and with a group of 3 maintained my pace. There’s 1 little kick and a turnaround at 6 k bit after this you can really get after it and push on home. Some good support from 8k In gets you moving those legs and a quick finish home.

Really pleased with my mornings run.

Many thanks

Stewart

I've added the RRTG results to the website

Have received an email from Jennie. Will forward it to you Ed.

I did the Bedford 10K this morning too. First official 10K and therefore of course a PB of 1:08.

No PBs for me this week, but I did have my first stab at pacing which I really enjoyed. I was the 25min pacer for Run Round the Garden 5k race on Sunday 17th June and came in at 24.30 – helping a few others get their own PBs which was a great feeling! Lovely event, well done to everyone involved in making it happen.

Run Round The Garden today did the 5k(24mins 51)and the 1 mile and got a PB in the mile (7mins 29. I think) but only due to the fact its the 1st time I've raced over that distance :laughing:

I managed a new 5k PB of 23:40 at Run Around the Garden and was 1st lady finisher for age F50+ category.