Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Race result - Windsor Tri

I was so gutted not to be helping out RRTG this morning, I hope you all had an amazing day. This was because ages ago, I entered the Windsor Olympic Triathlon...this was my first olympic triathlon and first open water swim tri so a bit of a challenge. I also had to get up before sunrise to get there on time!

The swim was 1500m in the River Thames, felt ok but got really dizzy near the end. Transition was huge so with my dizzy head and large amounts of walking to/from the racks I spent 11 minutes in transition (in the rain!) before heading out on the 44 km cycle. I really enjoyed the bike leg although there were a number of male waves behind ours so I spent a lot of the time being overtaken by fast men on fancy bikes. Quicker transition to the run which was a 3 lap 10K starting at the thames, UP past windsor castle and along the Long Walk before turning around, running down back to the thames and doing it all again. I found the run leg really hard, it was pretty hilly and tough going. It was made a LOT better by unexpectedly seeing Colin and Shirley who gave me some very much needed cheers and support which kept me going (THANKS SO MUCH!).

Swim 36:01
T1 11:00
Bike 1:40:24
T2 3:41
Run 1:09:23
Total 3:40:29 (1296th out of 1336)

I am now just counting down the time before I can go to bed as I am shattered!

Re: Race result - Windsor Tri

Lindsay - that is awesome! You are as hard as nails ..... :muscle:

Brilliant, Lindsay! Admire for taking on new challenges. Congrats!

My cousin Bradley was there Shirley's son congratulations sounds tough x

It was so great to see them, hope bradley got on ok too x

Well done Lindsay.

Great effort Lindsay, Olympic distance is quite a hard one, so hat off to you indeed.

Fantastic result Lindsay - total respect!

Thanks you lovely lot!

Lindsay that is amazing. Fantastic result well done 😆