Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 26

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

Good luck if you are running the Hitchin Hard Half Marathon on Sunday.

As you stride up those hills have in mind a spritely 98-year-old gentleman called George Etzweiler who last weekend "ran" the Mount Washington Road Race. :nerd_face: He battled through 4,650 feet of elevation over a 7.3 mile course. George struggled with the 40 mph wind which caused him to stumble a few times, but spurred along by the many well-wishers along the way he completed the course in 4:04:48! :clap:

So never give up – just keep smiling and you and everyone else around you will feel so much better!! :relaxed:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 26

Runs for me this week:
14 miles on Thursday around the Greenway and bonus add on in Baldock
18.3 miles today - Home to Letchworth, ran parkrun, then ran back home!

20 miles for me please. Ran with my friend Alex in Liptovsky, Slovakia. My glutes still hate me and may need a break from long runs for a couple of weeks but hopefully she's a step closer to completing her first marathon!

Hitchin Half for me today.

13 miles around the Preston Hills for me today, in the company of quite a few other Squirrels, at the Hitchin Hard Half.

Hi Sue

3 entries this week.

Thursday : 10 miles around Panshanger Park and Hertford

Saturday : 10.2 miles. Letchworth Parkrun including a run there and back from Baldock.

Sunday : 15 miles around Hitchin, Preston and surrounding villages with John R and Matt S.

Many thanks

Stewart

Hitchin hard half for me today. A touch over 13 miles. A good race with lovely support and cake from linda which I noticed she didn't mention. We also had beer afterwards but I suppose there's no extra points for that 🤣

Hitchin half for me too!

Hi Sue,

3 scoring runs this week:

Wednesday- 12 miles in Baldock
Saturday- 10.2 miles including letchworth parkrun
Sunday - 16.7 miles on the Henlow loop

Thanks

Hi Sue

Jane and I ran 11 sunny miles this morning. 10M for Helen I think. Put the world to right we did!

Well done to all the racers who faced the hills and heat today!

Sarah

A point for the Hitchin half for me too. Too hot. Too hilly. That's three toos, which makes six, which is one less than the number of races I have run in too months! Which makes four toos which is eight, which is the number of races I will have run in too months after the MWL tomorrow.

And I missed the beer and cake

I think I need a lie down!

Hitchin hard half for me too.

My 4th time doing it and was the first time it has been that hot. A great sprint finish with Chris Poole with us both ending with exactly the same time.In truth I thought he was fractionally ahead of me.

Hi Sue - think Sarah may have already posted but we did 11 miles on Sunday. Lovely run with lovely company.