Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Standalone 10k - 2018 Reminder about entries.

Dear All,

A quick reminder about club entries at this years race.

Due to the high profile nature of this race and the safety measures we need to minimise the risks around the course we need as many marshals as we can. In previous years this has meant about 100 marshals and helpers over the weekend.

The building work along Hitchin Road has just exacerbated the issue.

In return Standalone funds many things throughout the year, provides a huge community event and brings superb publicity for the club.

Also, in return, I will do everything I can to ensure that we minimise the marshals at all our other events to allow members to run.

We will be announcing the club teams very soon. As its the Herts Vets Champs this will mean that the teams will be bigger than normal to account for the plethora of great runners we have in the age groups.

I, therefore, ask that you do not enter the race until you have spoken to myself or our Chief Marshal Paula Adams. This may prevent disappointment.

I apologise if this is disappointing for you.It has always been a rule that even the selected teams could be expected to marshal if we don't have enough to make the event safe.

Thank you.

Richard
Race Director

Re: Standalone 10k - 2018 Reminder about entries.

Can I run dressed as a Squrriel?

the squirrel normally runs in the kids fun run......

No way, you ain't fast enough.

Squrriel, chipmunk you will crack up under the pressure of my running, I will beat you both even though I’m running with a broken funny bone!

What about if I run as a squirrel dressed as a super hero ?

Hi Dickie,
On a slight tangent can you confirm whether the standalone 10k is run under an ARC or UKA race permit please.
Cheers

Hi Chris,

I am glad you are bringing some seriousness to this discussion.

We apply for the race permit from UKA. Its under their jurisdiction.

Dickie

if England win the world cup....can I run dressed as a squirrel ?

Dear Sir/Madam,
I have been advised that you may be holding a small 10k event in October where you will be racing animals. To date I have heard from Cyril Squirrel, Chirpie Chipmunk, Lassie the Collie and the latest, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo.All of whom are exopecting to run in the main race.
This has to stop as it contravenes European Executive order 135.5(para 4.2b - subsection 7.6x) chapter 8.5(a). Which as a responsible club, you will no doubt be aware of.
Be advised, we are watching you.
Yours in Sport,
Bob