Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Barrow Day 7

What a perfect day to go running! Sunshine, a light breeze, 23 degrees, not a cloud in the sky, a very pretty, undulating, 50/50 quiet roads/tracks out-and-back route, 7 drink stops, cheery marshals and lots of happy, smiley runners! Paired up with a new running buddy and with us both blaming each other for the pace (too fast) and constantly telling each other to 'go on because I'm going to walk for a bit now' we stuck together and finished in 3.52 which has set the female record for a route we haven't run before!

Today was also my 40th Great Barrow Challenge run and whilst that might sound a little tedious it isn't because that covers at least 11 different routes!

The Great Barrow Challenge has become a friendly, well organised but low key event, big enough to count but small enough for everyone to be treated as an individual. It is also only an easy 50 mile drive away. I can highly recommend these events to anyone wanting to run a well organised but low key marathon. There are still 8 left this year for anyone who fancies it...

Re: Great Barrow Day 7

Oh and as we were equal first ladies and we were only beaten by Adam who is the World Record Holder for the fastest 10-in-10 (average 2.45) and John who was only checking in before going out again to complete the Ultra event we can justifiably claim to have WON!!!!

Re: Great Barrow Day 7

That’s fantastic! Very well done Jo. I second the recommendation for doing a Great Barrow marathon. They are all great routes. 🌲☘️🐎☀️