Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Woodhall Estate 5 mile

Another hot and hilly race last night (anyone would think I like them) at Woodhall Estate near Hertford as part of the midsummer series.
Again I'm sure it would of been a nice run if it hadn't been so warm.
I finished in 45.12 and 1st male for NHRR.....mainly because I was the only one there :slightly_smiling_face:
The ladies had a much better turn out with Naomi, Lucy, Jillian and Linda all doing
really well.
Looking forward to the 2nd race in the series at Panshanger in a couple of weeks.

Re: Woodhall Estate 5 mile

I also ran this one - as Alan says, it would be a nice run in less hellish conditions as it's a very nice location and entirely traffic-free. It was very, very hot, however - I've never seen 5 water stations on a 5 mile run before, but we needed every one of them! It's a two lap course and the terrain is varied and quite tough underfoot, as well as being quite undulating. I found it very hard going as the long, dry grass underfoot meant that even on the downhills I didn't feel I could really go for it as I was afraid of tripping and falling. A bit disappointed with my time, but I did manage to overtake a few runners and there were plenty of people behind us. Naomi, Jillian and Lucy all did better, and Naomi was fourth woman home and third senior lady. Good luck to everyone at Panshangar in a couple of weeks' time.

Naomi Parkinson: 40:04
Jillian Boys: 41:04
Lucy Hurley: 43:43
Linda Aird: 45:07
Alan Hazlehurst: 45:11

Re: Woodhall Estate 5 mile

Hadn’t seen this post! Thanks for the details of everyone’s results – I’ve emailed the lovely photos that were taken of us all before and during 👍