Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
News of your triumphs (and disasters), please

Please be sure to post news of any races you have done this weekend. I see we already have reports from the Weybridge 10k, Great Barrow, Woodhall Estate and Michelle's latest crazy mission - plus the FSOTM results. But do let us know about anything else. I think we had several representatives at the Hitchin Triathlon.

Do please send any photos to publicity@nhrr.org.uk

Standing by....

Re: News of your triumphs (and disasters), please

I’m a triathlete! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I completed Hitchin Tri, my first one, I really enjoyed it! What a day for it too. Great sunshine. And was great to see some squirrels there racing and in support. Was a great event too, well organised and really friendly, especially to people who didn’t have a clue what they were doing, such as I. #kudos to HRC. I was 19th overall. And 10th in category. My run was my best position but I don’t know how, I really struggled to run off the bike, it’s horrible! Pleased with the result given my recent fitness. And I’ll defo do more. If you fancy a crack at it, defo make a note of this event for next year.

Abbi Cocks who trains with us unofficially won first at school in 100 metres 800 metres 1500 metres fantastic result...... Me I have nothing exciting to report at minute 🙁

Took part in the 1st of the Midsummer Series 5 mile race at Woodhall Estate on Thursday along with 4 fellow squirrels. Finished 35th overall and 4th lady in a chip time of 41.04. It was extremely hot, even with a 7.30pm start and there were some pretty tough hills to tackle, but was a really enjoyable mostly cross country course.

There was a photographer there who captured some lovely shots of us all which I can send on.

Thanks, Jill

Hi James - some results from Hitchin Tri this morning:

John Auld: 1:08:48 - 10th in age and 17 overall
Lindsay Cook:1:27:25 - 13th in age and 38 overall
Helen Cairns: 1:14:34 1st in age and 8th overall (Helen was running for Freedom Tri)
Jo Harbon: 1.19.48 - 4th in age and 18th overall
Steve McKeown: 59:51 - 1st overall
A well organised race with plenty of loud enthusiastic marshals.

And from the Ware 10m:

Astrid won overall in 1:09:11
Much appreciated by Astrid and the rest of the competitors were being hosed down by local residents whilst running - nice touch. She didn't see any other NHRR runners - post if you were there :slightly_smiling_face:

Hitchin triathlon for me too, 128th and 13th in category finishing in 1:27:25

Knocked over a minute off last years time improving my swim by 1m30 and the bike leg by a minute. My run was fairly dire though :-( need to do more running training...

If you have ever fancied a tri, give this a go, local and friendly.

Results here
http://racetimingsolutions.racetecresults.com/results.aspx?CId=16269&RId=832

You might recognise the winner...

Great Barrow 10 marathons in 10 days Challenge - days 4 (Sunday, 4.39), 7 (Wednesday, 3.52) and 10 (Saturday, 4.11). All lovely sunny marathons!

Hey,

Jen and I took part in the (very hot) Stevenage 5k race for Life today.

Jennie Andrews 28:19
Linsey Ashley 28:20 pb for me, yay!

Thanks 😀

Today was the second running of the Hitchin Triathlon, centred at the outdoor pool. It was also my second attempt having races it last year too. I did much better this year having a far better swim (2m30s quicker), a slightly faster bike ride (1min quicker) and a much faster run (2m30s quicker). I did lose some time in transition but improved overall by approx 5 mins! Well done to all the other NHRR squirrels out there today!!

Andrew R
Today was the second running of the Hitchin Triathlon, centred at the outdoor pool. It was also my second attempt having races it last year too. I did much better this year having a far better swim (2m30s quicker), a slightly faster bike ride (1min quicker) and a much faster run (2m30s quicker). I did lose some time in transition but improved overall by approx 5 mins! Well done to all the other NHRR squirrels out there today!!
I finished in 1:22:58, 96th over all and 12th in age category (out of 31, including the formidable winner Steve McKeown!)

I guess I'm the disaster :joy: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Andrew R
Wow great improvements!

Thanks, all. You are setting quite a challenge here with all this great material.

Well done to Astrid and Steve on your wins - and to all the other PBers.

Michelle - all your results are triumphs of one sort or another.

Do keep posting any more news. Will finalise the news report late tonight.

James W
Thanks, all. You are setting quite a challenge here with all this great material.

Well done to Astrid and Steve on your wins - and to all the other PBers.

Michelle - all your results are triumphs of one sort or another.
:joy: :joy: :joy: