Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mob Match

Hi - couldn’t see a thread with details of the mob match. This link seems to have details:

https://www.trentparkrc.com/NewsandResults/event/mid-week-league-2018-mob-match-welwyn/?instance_id=17

Clare and I are both planning on running. Will someone be bringing along the race numbers?

Re: Mob Match

I will be bringing the race numbers as Ellie is unfortunately unable to be there. If you are a paid up member of the club, and have a club vest to race in, you are welcome to run this even if you haven't run any of the other races.

It would be great to get a really good turnout for this - as Karen said, this is a race in its own right and there is a trophy to be won I believe. We should also have several individual trophy winners and team trophies to take home on the night I think, so a big turnout would be fantastic!

sad I can't come to this as Gary is away for the day and won't be back in time...:-(

car parks for mob match are Panshanger Golf club Al7 2ED or free public car park in Moors Walk AL7 2BQ.

I'm so sorry everybody - I thought I had posted this information ages ago ... Must've got lost in the football madness!

Race HQ: Welwyn Rugby Football Club, Hobbs Way, Colgrove, Welwyn Garden City,
AL8 6HX

Parking: A limited amount of car parking will be available on the perimeter of the
playing fields at the Rugby Club. This may not be available if it has been raining and the grass is soft. There are over 500 spaces in the car parks at Stanborough Park by the lakes. These are only 5 minutes walk from the start, 10 minutes from the Race HQ. These are payment by number plate
recognition. There is limited potential for parking in the residential roads near to the Race HQ. Please do not even try to park in Hobbs Way or Colgrove and please avoid upsetting residents by parking inconsiderately. Please share cars

Travel: Welwyn Garden City main line station is 15 minutes walk from the Rugby
Club.

Facilities: There are changing rooms and toilets at the Rugby Club. These are
limited and some portable units will be available, but you are advised to arrive in good time.

Refreshments: Post-race refreshments will be in the clubhouse. The bar will be open.

The Race
UKA License number: 2018-35612
Race Adjudicator: Bryan Smith

The Start: Is on Stanborough Green, approximately 5 minutes walk from the Rugby
Club.

The Finish: Is on the playing field at the Rugby Club.

The Course: Is a 2 lap course which is predominantly run on the footpaths.
The course, previously used for Midweek League races and the Mob Match, is 10k long. However, whilst it was accurately measured, the certificate of course accuracy has not been renewed.

Course direction: The course will be well marked and marshalled, and will have KM signs.

Water: Water will be available at the finish and at a water station placed at the
4½/9k point.

Help: Any help from non-competing members of visiting teams would be greatly welcomed, this being of particular help if known in advance. If you can help,please let me know at rj.bloom@btinternet.com.

As Linda said, I'm at work tomorrow evening, so sadly won't be able to join you all for our victory lap! Enjoy!! Ellie

Good luck all and enjoy the trophy celebrations. Sorry I cannot be there.

Just to confirm, we are back at the Rugby club tomorrow and not the School?

Can Ellie - or anyone else - confirm, as a matter of urgency, exactly where the race is taking place tonight, please? The info James posted from Trent Park's website gives different information from what Ellie has posted - are they changing back to the old venue at the Rugby club, or are we back at the one that was new last year? I can't see anything on our MWL page or on RunHerts website or FB page either.

Need to know asap as we don't want everyone going to the wrong place tonight!! :scream:

URGENT!! I've just contacted GCR and they have confirmed that the venue and course for tonight IS AT SIR FREDERIC OSBORN SCHOOL - SO PLEASE DON'T GO TO THE RUGBY CLUB!!!

Please use the information James originally posted from the Trent Park website.

See you all tonight! :smiley:

Hi Linda,

The Trent park website says go to the rugby club.

D

See Linda's post.

:anguished: