Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Round Norfolk relay - runners please!

Following our successful application for this event it is now time for people to sign up for this amazing weekend.
A true team effort where 17 runners take it in turns to carry the baton round the boundary of Norfolk. Starting on the saturday morning and finishing sunday morning. This massive undertaking is supported by cyclists and drivers, timekeepers and supporters, all from our own club. The last couple of years have been amazing and we are looking for people to sign up now!
It takes place on 15th - 16th September. The legs vary in length but we are looking for a few long distance runners and of course we are looking for someone who has a particular interest in running on shingle for about ten miles!
Please start signing up and do look on the website to see what this entails. There are a few of us who will be meeting in the next couple of weeks to start sorting out all the jobs so an early indication of who can run/cycle/drive will be a great help. It would be a great help if some people offered to run a leg as well as help with the driving for another runner. There will be trips to Norfolk to reccy some of the legs as well.
One last thing, it seems that the committee who arrange this race are finding harder and harder to arrange, they have hinted that this may be the last time they manage to carry this off so do not miss this opportunity!
x

Re: Round Norfolk relay - runners please!

Highlight of the running year for me! I definitely want to be involved again - happy to run a leg again, but will also talk to you about night management or other roles.

Happy to help in anyway needed!!! Just let me know.

Would love to run any of the daytime legs. Also happy to cycle support as much as is needed on the day time shift.
... And of course eat fish and chips when we're all finished, and camp overnight and cook bacon on the camping stove on the way round, and do lots of cheering! I can't wait 😋

Count me in. Accommodation already organised.

Many Thanks

Stewart

Hey Jo and Katie. After being able to nearly do this for the past two years I have made sure I have not booked anything else on this date this year. I would love to do this please this year. Thank you for once again for entering a team and organising. Xx

Hi ladies, I’d like to do this please - although maybe not the 10 miles on shingle... Sophie is up for this too. Will need to brush up on my navigation skills.
Thank you!

Sarah - it's not 10 miles on shingle, it just feels like it! :joy: Seriously, though, you are definitely strong enough to take that on, and you can't get lost if you keep the sea on your left .....

I would like to do this.

me please to do a run leg and I can also cycle a couple.
nothing at night this time.

Yes please count me in

As I ran last year i'm happy to do the bike support this year (unless you are short of runners and need me to make up numbers). Looking forward to it.

Unfortunately - I am not able to run this year!

I have heard amazing things about this event and would love to run! Happy to cycle too if needed, but my cycling is slower than my running! Sounds like mass organisation! Thank you!

Great response so far thank you everyone! It is amazing how such a huge undertaking actually comes together on the day (and night) ! Thank you for offers of cycling as well as running, mad people!!! Although being mad does help for this one x

I'd love to be involved again either running or, as I've had 2 runs in this each of which required support from someone else, happy to give back and support this year. Happy for someone else to have a bash at the long, lonely, early hours of Sunday stint if anyone else is up for it. Happy to take on shingle if no-one else wants to. Might be nice to see the sea for once. Running to Horsey would also be quite appropriate...

I knew you couldn’t keep away Jo! Thanks for that, shingle and sunshine may make a pleasant change! X

The last two years I have been running Richmond marathon instead. Let me talk to 'er indoors, but assuming I am free I'd love to run (assuming I will be again by then!!!!)

Hey ladies,

I would love to do this if possible please. However, would it be possible to run on the Saturday as I’ve booked a race on the Sunday. Oooops.

Thanks

Chris

Hi

I would like to run & cycle please, available both days.

Ideally I would come on the train & cycle to where I was needed.

Although if it helps I could hire a van in Letchworth and move kit / people & bikes about the place. I don't have my own car insurance so can't drive anyone else's car/van I'm afraid.

Ok to run or cycle at night / stupid o'clock in the morning

Fine with sub 14 milers on most any terrain (not sure about shingle/sand - fine if it's solid but usually it moves about!).

If I have to I could try to take on a 16-18 miler (as long as I get to go 9+ minute mile pace as I haven't done this sort of distance in about 2 years).

Anyone know what the deal is with accommodation / camping?

J

Hi James, all details to follow, thanks for your offer of running a longer leg - hope you wont live to regret that! I am just about to email everyone and try to sort legs, lifts etc will come later, just be prepared to be flexible and tired! Sounds like you are up for a challenge so you will be fine! thank you !!

Yes please, if you’re still looking for runners

ha ha, I was just trying to find your email Adrian - you know what I am going to ask you don't you? Fancy leg one again or a change?

Hi Jo and Katie,
Appreciate we are late to the game but needed to sort out some potential conflicts first. So if you still have legs to fill, Astrid is happy to race - did the shingles last year and ok to do again, or happy to do a night leg also. Steve cannot commit due to injury but is happy to drive support. Saying that, since we both had the privilege to run in previous years (Steve twice and Astrid once) we are also happy to hold back to let other have a go at this amazing event.
thanks for organising