Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 31

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

Last weekend Jeff Browning from the USA won the Hardrock 100 mile Endurance Run in Colorado due to the controversial decision to disqualify the leader who was just 10 miles from the finishing line. Xavier Thevenard from France took water and ice from his crew at a location outside of the designated aid station zones and for this reason was disqualified. The organisers insisted that rules are rules and if they allow someone to break them then it would apply to everyone. Xavier stated that as he had such a big lead he had stopped to chat and inadvertently took some water and a handful of ice before moving on.

Personally I think that the decision to disqualify him was too severe and that a time penalty would have been sufficient. After running that far in very hot conditions with steep and evolving elevation your mind might wander a bit and stray off course even if it is only to get some water and ice!

You may not be training for the Hardrock 100 or something similar, but whatever race you do it's always a very good idea to read the organiser's race instructions from start to finish! :nerd_face:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 31

Hi Sue,

Friday - 13.1 miles
Sunday - 18.2 miles

Thanks

Andy and I both did 10 miles at the Lee Valley 10 Fest this morning. 10 miles feels very short these days!!!

10 miles for me, early this morning, taking in part of the HOOP/Greenway.

Hi Sue

14 miles this morning. 10 mile Lee Valley race and 2 each to warm up and down.

Many thanks

Stewart

A slightly soggy 10 miles please! Baldock to Hitchin and back!

Thank you! Paula

Another 10 wet miles today bit of Greenway bit of Hitchin hoop.

11 miles, last holiday run this weekend :(

2x12 ish mile runs for me this week.last Monday over to Pegston hills in the hills overpowering heat - it was 30 deg at 8 am ! And this Sunday in the drizzle up to Preston , which was somewhat more pleasant! Thanks Sue

Another 10 miles on Sunday just gone in the rain (Can't get it to load onto Garmin for some reason)

Lovely 14 mile Dinosaur run on Saturday in the sunshine for me!

:smiley: Looks like in my excitement I may have posted about the same run twice.

I did just one run of 10 miles on Sunday 29th July.