Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RideLondon 100

Not running-related but on Sunday I took part in the RideLondon 100 (I entered the ballot not thinking I would get in but I did, eeek!).

The weather was truly awful and people were having punctures all over the place. Luckily I didn't have to deal with a puncture as I had quite a late start time and so could have missed a cutoff. I am also pleased I stayed on my bike as the roads were very wet indeed.

I actually really enjoyed it although due to medical emergencies/bad weather, we were diverted around the top of Leith Hill and had to miss Box Hill altogether so my 100 mile became 90 (but I did do another 10 getting to the start at back home again!). Finished in 7:11:57.

Annoyingly I might have to try and do it again now given I didn't get to do the whole course!!!

Lindsay

Re: RideLondon 100

wow Lindsay! thanks amazing, well done you! hope you are not too sore today!

Wow - well done, what an achievement...

Hope your saddle was comfortable!

I can confirm that my saddle was comfortable! I am surprisingly not too sore, after I finished I was able to get on my bike straight away and come home whereas after my marathons I have barely been able to move!

Amazing Lindsay! Very well done. You know when you have the endurance bug when you find a reason to do a tough event again! πŸ˜€

Fantastic Lindsay. A great time too. I've seen many reports from Ride London and it does seem that you were lucky to escape the punctures. Hope you're feeling ok now. After my 200 round Norfolk a few weeks ago I thought I was fine but then a few days later it all caught up and I realised how exhausted I was. Rest well 😊And congratulations!

Well done Lindsay - sounds great but not something I will ever be doing - my bum hurts just thinking about riding a bike that far!

200, that's epic! going on hols on friday so will have a good rest then :-)