Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mark's funeral

Dear all, as you possibly saw from the other tread, Mark's family has invited his running friends to attend the funeral which will be held on Friday 17th August 2018 at 2pm at St Mary's Church Baldock. The burial will be private for family only.

There is no dress code, so if you would like to wear club kit, this would be ok

As the family doesn't wish for flowers, NHRR will make a donation to their chosen charity, the British Heart Foundation.

Because of the likely attendance of many friends from the several sports clubs he was a member of as well as his work colleagues, the family would like to know approximate numbers of attendance from NHRR. Appreciate that this is a work day for many.

Please post below if you are planning to come.

Re: Mark's funeral

I will attend, in club kit

Will attend - NHRR top.

Storming - I could give you a lift - 1:15 at yours ? Please let me know.

Astrid - I spoke to Sharon Gregson about this and she has said she will be going to the funeral. She may not post on here, so just letting you know.

Pete and Karen will be attending.

Martyn and Rachel will be attending

I will attend.

Ian

We will be attending, so will Katie x

Anna and I will be attending.

Marks funeral will take place at 2pm on Friday 17th August at St Marys church in Baldock. There will then be a private family comital.

Please no flowers, but if you wish then donations to the British Heart Foundation would be an appropriate tribute to Mark.

There will be no formal dress code, so if you want to represent the club then please do, it is what we as a family feel he would like.

Lastly, thank you for all the kind messages, posts and memories of Mark ..... he touched so many lives, in so many aspects of his, let’s give him an awesome send off

Sarah (Marks sister)

I would like to attend.

I would like to go too please. I really admired Mark from when we did the C25K together. I thought he was absolutely brilliant during this, I really thought he was the best one of us at the time - and I learnt a lot from him.

I will be attending

I would like to attend, and will wear club kit. I remember Mark as not only a very good runner, but also a very nice person.

Cheers Brian that will be fine

BrianB
Will attend - NHRR top.

Storming - I could give you a lift - 1:15 at yours ? Please let me know.

Cheers Brian that will fine thanks

Hello. I will be going and in club vest.

Really shocked and saddened by the news of Mark. I know I’ll be repeating what has already been said but... he was such a kind and supportive person who always seemed to have a smile on his face (and great sense of humour). I remember seeing him just before my first ever triathlon swim and he made me feel much better and not so terrified!

Sadly Not going at a Wedding in Cornwall then. Thanks NHRR for giving him the final Goodbye that he deserves. Please remember Ryan Johnson who is in Oman, who Mark saw recently. Mark D

Alas I cannot make it . But I will hold a minute silence at the time of the funeral .

Mark will be running with angels in heaven now.

Astrid sorry but I am unable to go to Marks funeral tomorrow. RIP Mark.

I will attend.

I will attending

I will be attending .

Dave

I’ll be going

I will attend, in club kit & Ryan Johnson will also be there- possibly with his partner