Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forerunner 220 not connecting - help please!

My Garmin Forerunner 220 has stopped uploading to the Garmin Connect app on my mobile, thereby depriving me of the hours of innocent pleasure I get from admiring my split times and sharing them with both my Strava followers.

Fellow 220-ites Messrs Lummis and Stokes are similarly afflicted.

The watch is still connected to my mobile, according to the Garmin app.

Can anyone advise? Is this some general problem with all 220s? Or is it just us? All help welcome.

Yours in hope, James

Re: Forerunner 220 not connecting - help please!

I have had the same issue with my 610. Have you updated your Garmin Connect to the latest version? I think the "check updates" is on the help tab.

Turn it off and and turn it back on again! ... no seriously ... it happens on mine every so often and it does work. Sometimes I have to remove the device, before turning it off then turn it on again and add the device again. 😊

I have a different garmin and sometimes I literally have to turn my phone and garmin off and restart both of them! This happened to me last week!

Try the following -

1)Delete and re-pair the Bluetooth connection on your phone

2) Delete and reinstall the garmin app

3) reboot everything

If these ideas don’t work then ‘go nuclear’ and reset the garmin watch back to factory settings

Dear Bill, Step 2 worked! Many thanks.

I found plenty of people on Twitter with the same problem. It seems the cause might have been an update to the app.

Let's see how long it lasts....