Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
London Marathon GFA Entries Open

As the title says, the window for applying for a London Marathon Good For Age entry is now open.

Entries close on Friday 10th August.

Re: London Marathon GFA Entries Open

Thanks Nick, I would of missed this.

Probably worth a reminder at this point that you can't apply for one of the club places later on if you qualified for a GFA place this year.

Actually Linda, this year the GFA isn’t guaranteed entry so this isn’t strictly true. You do however need a failed entry to either the ballot or the GFA entry to qualify for club place.

Have the club guidelines been adjusted to reflect this John?

I'll be applying when I am 60 - that's the age I would have to be to have GFA with my currently PB! Over 20 years to wait for me!!!

Good luck to you speedy people.

Linda, we discussed in the committee meeting and I have just updated the marathon places page on the website.

Basically, if you qualify for a GFA place you should apply for your London GFA place. As they are no longer guaranteed places then if you don't get in, keep proof of not getting in as this will be needed for the NHRR club places. I guess we'll see how it pans out in the next year or two, it might be that most people get in or it may be more competitive.

L

think I will pass on this one again :laughing:

I'm with you on that one, Babs ..... :laughing:

Today is the closing date for the gfa entries...

My GFA application is in and been verified as eligible - should find out either way early next week. Good luck to everyone else who has applied. If not successful I’ll try Manchester!

If not successful check and see if you qualify for the nhrr places too...

Lindsey, I have applied for a London Marathon place via the ballot, if unsuccessful can I
put my name forward for a NHRR entry?

assuming you meet the other criteria, yes you can!