Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 32

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

As you are struggling along in the intense heat on your runs just think to yourself how much quicker you will be when the fresher cooler weather comes along! So, chin up, it is worth the slog, the sweat, the soggy clothes and wet hair because, just like hills, the heat can make you a stronger runner! :sweat: :sunny: :runner:

Here are just a few websites that you may not know about – mainly for longer distance running and navigation:

Gpsies.com – invaluable if you are having problems uploading a gpx file to your watch or phone. This site will convert almost any format to Garmin gpx or similar.

Dcrainmaker.com – you may already know this one, but if you want an in-depth review on anything related to watches and gadgets to do with running and cycling then this is the site to visit.

Overstims.com – this is a company in France but they have a very good liquid antioxidant gel which contains magnesium. It comes in a small tube which is easy to store and does not get sticky. They do gluten-free and organic products as well.

Myracekit.com – aimed at longer distance running but a good variety of running equipment.

Likeys.com – another trail and long distance running site with a good selection of running gear.

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 32

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the tips. Must try out gpsies and make proper use of my Garmin watch!

I ran a long, lonely, thirsty 18 miles to ashwell and back on Monday. Glorious sunny running in the lanes with a few push ups thrown in diving out of the way of cars during the morning country lane rush. Keeps you on your toes y’know.

Ta very much.

Hi Sue

Tuesday : 10 mile tempo run around Hunstanton and Heacham.

Wednesday : 12 miles as part of a speed session running a 1 mile loop of Hunstanton Old Town. :)

Saturday : 14,5 around letchworth, Hitchin, Charlton and Ickleford with Darren.

Many thanks

Stewart

Stuart cocks never remembers to do this but he ran the greenway today over 15 miles with his warm up too

Hi Sue,

Tuesday - 12.2 miles
Wednesday - 13.5 miles
Friday - 11 miles
Sunday - 16.2 miles

Thanks

Adam

11.2 for me!

11 miles for me this week.