Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending Sunday 5th August

Okay you lovely people. Let me have it!

Please read the guidance in the top post on the forum and then give me the low down and dirty on your weekly race results. I want graphic detail about blood, sweat and tears, and pictures. you can email them to membership@nhrr.org.uk.

Phil

Re: Press report for week ending Sunday 5th August

There were a few of us at the St Neots Riverside Runners 10k this morning.

It was a stunning 10k route (I had forgotten how pretty it was) and the sun was cheering us all on. The medals and t-shirts were good fun a d the charity cake stand at the end was very well stocked!

Linda Aird was first home and 2nd in her age category.

I was next in 53.35 which I was pleased with.

Sue Foot was first in her age category- Go Sue!

Andy Grudzinski came in at 1.05.48. His theory was "ladies first"

I can't see the results up yet so I'll let the others post their times.

As Michelle says, this was a very nice, well-organised event by Riverside Runners. The course is a mixture of tarmac paths, short road sections and lots of off-road. Although the course is pretty flat, it is quite 'technical' in that it twists and turns a lot and the constantly changing terrain underfoot meant you had to concentrate - add in the blistering heat and it made for quite a challenging morning's racing! There were 6 lady Squirrels, plus Andy as the token man! Thanks to Pete and Brian J for the support. Results I have found are as follows (chip times):

Linda Aird 53:34
Michelle Grudzinski 53:35
Lucy O'Connor 57:34
Sue Foot 57:45 (Congratulations Sue - 1st FV65 and won a bottle of bubbly!)
Karen Dodsworth 59:04
Sheila Levy 1:05:02
Andy Grudzinski 1:05:48

One of the nicest race Tshirts I think I've ever had, and an excellent home-made cake stall at the end!

I finished 6th overall in the Bewl Water Olympic Distance Triathlon (1.5 km swim, 40km bike, 10km run) in Kent on Sunday in 2 hours 10 minutes, only 1 minute off of the podium.

It was a hilly bike and run course with a strong field including a couple of GB triathletes. I had the fastest run leg of the day in 36:17.

Anyone racing in the heat today deserves a special set of congratulations!

Good to see those performances at St Neots (well done, Sue, on the bubbly) and well done to Tom on a really impressive triathlon performance.

Realise this has missed the deadline, but we’ve been busy making sure we fully appreciate Irish culture...

Clare and I did the Poolbeg parkrun in Dublin yesterday (Saturday 4th), which was on a milestone birthday for Clare.

Apart from the exotic location this was possibly worthy of a footnote as it was a PB for Clare over 5k by over a min and the only time I’ve been first finisher in a parkrun!

The course was a fast one - almost all flat tarmac apart from a short sharp hill at the halfway point. Nice views of the sea and the mountains... and the two power stations. Didn’t actually know that I was first until after the finish as there was someone who went speeding off but apparently dropped out!

1 James KEOGH 18:47
87 Clare HOOLEY 33:04

Congratulations James and Clare!

I’m sorry but I’d already submitted the report.

Congratulations both of you on fantastic results (and on appreciating the Irish culture !)