Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Training Tues 7th, Thurs 9th & Sat 11th August

Tuesday's training for blue group will be 1 x 2M at 10km pace plus 10s followed by 2 mins recovery before 3-4 x 1M with 2 at 10km pace and 1 a bit faster if possible! Recovery between the miles will be 90s. This will be run from Willian Way traffic lights. Richard is back off holiday and is returning to coach greens so green group session will be 8 x 1000m at St Francis off 90s recovery. These reps should be run at 10km pace. Purple group session will be a fartlek of 7 x 3 mins with 90s easier running between each effort. This could be run in the common as it provides some shade:)

Thursday's session for everyone will be a 25 min tempo run which could be run as an out and back 12 1/2 mins but does need to be on a relatively flat course if possible. As I've slightly extended the length of the run the pace would be 5s per mile slower than you effort last week. Key with tempo is to be consistent and to maintain pace throughout the run.

On Saturday we will offer a track session starting at Ridlins at 9.15am, usual drills and hurdle walkovers:) Reps will be short, possibly 200m with decreasing recoveries. Please sign up below if you are coming to track.

Brian will post yellow group tours for this week.

Happy running with NHRR!

Re: Training Tues 7th, Thurs 9th & Sat 11th August

I will be at the track on Saturday 😀

Can't make the track (or any training) this week as I'm away - boo hoo!:cry:

On Tuesday 7th August, proposed run is Green & Blue Lagoons.
Start options are:

Standalone 19:40 4.4 miles. Meet there or drive from Spirella
or
Spirella 19:30. Run (6 miles).

On Thursday, proposed run is Greenway Out - Rounds the Bounds Back.
(6 miles - there is a possible 'short cut' back maybe 5 miles)

Start 7:40 at North Herts Leisure Centre.
Either meet there or at Spirella (7:30) and drive.

Thanks Karen, I will be at the track on Saturday. Like the sound of the 200’s. I missed that session last time and I like that one.

I'll be at the track on Saturday.

Thanks,

Ed

Hi Karen 90% certain I'd like track Saturday we do go on holiday Saturday but can squeeze this in first x and 200 sounds perfect for my current training

Hi Karen remember we spoke about you doing a training session with purples it was going to be last week but we changed to this week..... I'm not here next week could we do it for the week after if possible thanks x

Unable to do track this week.....racing MK5000PB Saturday afternoon

Ellie and I will both be at the track Saturday.

Tom

Look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.