Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2019 England Age Group Masters Marathon Team

The 2019 England Age Group Masters Marathon Team will be competing at the Run for All Yorkshire Marathon on 20th October 2019.

There are 4 qualifying races for the team (Chester & Bournemouth on 7th Oct 2018 [same date as Standalone], Greater Manchester on 7th April 2019 and Brighton on 14th April 2019). To qualify you have to come in the Top 5 in your Age Group (in your qualification race), be a register member of an affiliated club (e.g. NHRR), have registered your interest in qualifying, be eligible to run for England and to have achieved a minimum standard time.

Full details of how to register your interest, minimum standard times and all other details can be found on https://www.englandathletics.org/athletes/england-athletics-team/road-running-team/england-masters-opportunities together with other details of the Age Group Masters opportunities.

If you are going to enter either the Greater Manchester Marathon or Brighton Marathon next year, then why not register your interest in the Age Group Marathon Team ? It costs nothing, and you may just surprise yourself.

Re: 2019 England Age Group Masters Marathon Team

Well I can manage the qualifying time but so can lots of other FV50s and I wouldn't like the stress of worrying about who I had to beat! Also two clashes with Standalone, one clash with Rome (if it happens...) and Brighton is becoming a bit too much like London for my liking - and I entered York once and ended up not bothering to go because it all got a bit too expensive - and even if I qualified it wouldn't be because I felt I deserved to, it would simply be because less than 5 decent 50-something aged women turned up so I think it's a 'No' from me!

Good luck to anyone who does give it a go though and I'm sure we have a good few runners who would have a good chance.

Sue...

Now if they ever do an off road with a route description version...

Thanks for sharing Nick. Out of hypothetical interest, I will be V35 for the Yorkshire Marathon in Oct 2019 but not for the qualifying events. I assume I am ineligible for qualification, is that right?

Hi Tom,

I've posed your question to Charlotte Fisher (E.A. Road Running Manager) who confirms that you can only qualify or represent in the age group you are on the day. Unfortunately that means that you will have to wait another year as you will be too young at the dates of the qualification races.

Nick

Cheers Nick - thought as much

Fantastic that this event is being held at the Yorkshire Marathon, this was my first marathon. It was a great day! #GodsOwnCounty

Nick, I assume by affiliated you mean to england athletics (and not to some skrty of masters organisation?)

Yes, England Athletics affiliated.