Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SORE League Week 33

Thank you for posting on the SORE League.

Do you like cheese enough to take part in this bizarre event?! :joy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNj67kwWBoQ

It takes place every year in June at the very top of Cooper's Hill in Brockworth where the Master of Ceremonies releases a nine pound wheel of Double Gloucester cheese which can take on speeds of over 70mph as it rolls 200 yards down the hill. The first person to get to the bottom of the hill wins the race and the cheese! :cheese_wedge:

You can access the latest SORE League by clicking here: Latest SORE League

Points are awarded for every run of 10 miles or more as follows:

10 up to 13 miles: 0.5 point
13 up to 16 miles: 1 point
16 up to 20 miles: 1.5 points
20 up to 26 miles: 2 points
26 up to 30 miles: 3 points
30 miles and over: 4 points

Maximum points score for a single run is 4.
Providing home-made cake after a social run or other valuable services to running: 0.5 point

Re: SORE League Week 33

It's only 4, 3, 2, 1 park runs to go...

My mantra when running long distances is to count what's left in park runs... Not that I had ever run a park run before, it just seemed more manageable. Park run makes it sound like a nice leisurely run... #whatsinaname?

So, today Andy and I embarked on our first ever park run, in St Andrews.

However, once realising that the hotel was just over 2 miles to the start of the park run... 2+3+2 = close enough to go for SORE points.

So, today's park run became a 10 mile run around road, park and (thanks to advice from a friendly local) trail...

1/2 point each please :wink:

12 rainy miles round the streets of Leominster this morning - quite a relief to run in rain and cooler temperatures!

17 social miles with 5 other squirrels

20 miles for us this morning

Scraped in to the points with a Baldock - Graveley 10 miles!

14.3 miles for me today. Thanks!

10.7 miles around the Greenway yesterday please with Christopher Poole.

Hi Sue

Sunday 12th = 16 miles on and off road from Baldock with 5 other squirrels for company.

Many Thanks

Stewart

Had 11 miles on sunday, scorching heat here in the south of europe :)

13.1 miles around the Greenway on Wed 15th Aug with Katrina Dixon. And forgot to post last Friday 10 Aug 13.1 miles around the Greenway with Dervla Downing.

Thx