Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending Sunday 12th August

Please post below any race reports before 7:00pm.

Re: Press report for week ending Sunday 12th August

Five squirrels (that I know of) ran the St Albans 10k this morning. A fairly flat and fast course that followed the old railway line. It was so nice to run in considerably cooler conditions (compared to last Sunday’s baking hot 10k at St Neots) and it definitely showed in our respective times, as follows:

Lucy O’Connor 50:27
Dervla Downing 51:36
Russ Hagan 51:50 a new 10k PB
Andrew Porter 56:04 & first MV 70
Sheila Leavy 1:00:06

I have a couple of photos but not sure where to post.

4 squirrels headed over to Milton Keynes for the MK5000 pb special. A night of 5000m track races graded by recent times & led by a pacer to 3000m made for some tight racing & excellent times with over 60% of participants achieving a pb.

Supporters were allowed into lane 4, with plenty of food, an open bar & commentary on each race, there was a great atmosphere.

First up for NHRR was Stewart Overton in Race G, finishing 3rd in a new pb of 16.53.13

In the next race Adam Bowller finished 2nd & another pb in 16:15.99

The action conintued with Andrew Leach & Mark Vaughan finishing in 15:59.00 & 16.23.60 respectively.

It was a fantastic evening culminating in watching some fabulous racing in the mens & womens BMC races. I'd thoroughly recommend tjis for next year

I ran the Burnham Beeches Half Marathon this morning, in a time of 1:26:22 (27th Place). This was a PB for me by about 5m30s, and also my first time under 90min. The course was a two lap 'undulating' course through the Burnham Beeches Nature Reserve, so while hilly, it was a lovely course. The trees provided lots of rain and wind protection, and if we hadn't been so lucky with the weather it would have been very shady. Highly recommended event :tada:

Jodie and I also went down to the MK5000 to support and it was great event to watch, worth going to next year (and a bit closer than Night of the 10K PBs!)