Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press Report for week ending 19th August

Please post your race reports in full colourful detail by 7pm this evening!

Any photos please email to paulaschmaula@yahoo.co.uk

Thank you!

Re: Press Report for week ending 19th August

I ran the Kimbolton Half Marathon this morning finishing 17th in 01:20:45, 1st MV50. This was also the Eastern Masters half marathon championships, in which I picked up the gold for MV50.

It was nice to do a race that wasn't approaching 30 degrees, so felt able to push on to get my fastest HM time in 3 years.

I know that Rob Harris and Caroline Thrussell were also there but don't know how they got on.

4 squirrels headed east of Peterborough with a support crew to the Thorney 5 mile race. The fast & flat course allowed for some excellent performances despite the windy conditions.

3rd - Adam Bowller - 27:28 PB
4th - Mark Vaughan - 28:01 1st MV45
44th - Pete Sibbet - 34:50
136th - Karen Dodsworth - 43:17

... and the Kimbolton Half Results are in (it looks like Caroline's changed club in the results, I hope that's a mistake):

Place Bib Participant CatPos Category Club GunTime ChipTime Pace AgeGrade
17 772 Nick Malpeli 1. MV50 North Herts RRC 1:20:45 1:20:45 06:09min/mile 82.1%
53 659 Robert Harris 28. MS North Herts RRC 1:29:24 1:29:14 06:48min/mile 66.8%
41 1690 Caroline Thrussell 2. FV55 Northampton Road Runners 1:51:33 1:50:55 08:27min/mile 71.0%

Jo and I ran Leila’s Run today. This is a local marathon held in Wheathamstead consisting of four laps on a mixed terrain course ( 60% off road). Lovely undulating route with most people taking it easy and enjoying the scenery and the good company of other runners. I finished in 4.41 and I think Jo finished in 4.12 but she will post her correct time. Leila’s Run is held every year in memory of Leila Taylor who as an active member of Garden City Runners and the 100 Marathon Club.

Hi Sue,

Which Jo?

Thanks,

Ed

Sorry, Jo Summers. :blush:

Thanks!

Sue's quite right I finished in 4.12 and it was jolly hard work! Another fridge magnet to add to my collection. Much better than medals...