Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Riverside Half Marathon Race Result + Message

Having been leading on Christians in Sport camps the last couple of weeks, I headed up to visit friends in the lake district. We ran the riverside half together in Lancaster, alongside the pathway out and back down the river. The field was pretty small (about 200) and spread pretty quickly, We paced for around 1:28 pace and it felt pretty comfortable for the first half. The course was pancake flat and pretty boring, very few marshalls or supporters along the way. The race turned for me at around 10 miles, judging by my strava, and I don't remember much after that, until sitting in a camp chair, eating wagon wheels with St. Johns ambulance staff. By the state of my hands, elbow and knee, I took a bit of a stumble and crossed the line a bit bloody. I did finish, just about, apparently stumbling over the line a bit worse for where somewhere around the 1:34 mark, awaiting results.

This was an eventful last official outing for me as a squirrel, as I will be moving over to Bicester to work jointly for the charity Christians in Sport and a church called Town Church Bicester. I'd like to say a big thank you to all those at NHRR that have coached, supported and run with me, I've benefitted hugely from the support and loved the experience. Being the only running club I've ever been to the bar has been set very high for wherever I look next.

It's farewell for now, but I'll be back to visit!

Thanks all!

Re: Riverside Half Marathon Race Result + Message

Nice one Simon! Good work. Happy to hear that you’re OK.

Incidentally, it’s been a pleasure running with you, training with you and racing with you. We’ll all definitely miss you. Very sad to see you go, but wish you all the best for you and your family in the future. I remembered the first time you showed up and thought you were a nice guy then and ever since. I’ll miss the stories on the long runs too. I’ll also miss the hooting and jeering at me on a run as you drove past, that always cheered me up! Paula always does that too, which is great.

Happy running.
Don’t be a stranger!

Thanks for all the fish.

Glad your ok Simon!

Best of luck to you & your family with the move & the new job. You'll be very much missed

Hi Simon, sorry to hear about your fall. A big goodbye from us two. It’s been nice running with you.