Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
St Albans Stampede - running order!

With less than a week to go we should probably conjure up some sort of plan re the running order...

Sue and I will be there from 8.30am and are happy to run any leg at any time so can fill in if there are any gaps.

Does anyone have any special requests as to what time they can/can't/would/wouldn't like to run?

Anyone starting a lap after 7pm will need a head torch so come prepared as last year everyone who was there at the end joined in on the final lap and you won't want to miss out because it's pitch dark and you can't see where you are going.

Paula - I still haven't heard from you since you originally said you would like to do this - can you please confirm you are as otherwise we have less than a week to find a replacement!

Finally - does anyone have an easy to put up (and take down!) tent we can use as our base and for storing belongings, food etc? It doesn't have to be big as hopefully it will be a beautiful day and we won't all have to fit into it to keep dry!

Looking forward to it!

Re: St Albans Stampede - running order!

I plan to be there from the start this time, so happy to slot in wherever - I just need to allow enough time between eating and running during the day, apart from that I don't really mind when I run - don't think I'll be doing two laps consecutively again, though, like I did last year! Ideally I'd like to do 3 laps in total, if possible.

Will bring my head torch, a chair and anything else useful I can think of - and I'm planning to make a gluten-free cake again :smile:

So sorry! Have just searched up other thread and totally missed all messages on it 🙈 Holidays have a lot to answer for!
I would like to come for first thing and do one or two then come back down for a later one or two if possible?! Would that work?
We have an small shelter tent with sides that cone on/off will check how easy it is to put up / take down...!

What happened to Sue's pop-up tent that we used last year? I remember it because we had such a struggle to pop it down again at the end! :laughing:

I just need to work out what we are doing but I think Gary is keen to enjoy some pizza this year! I suspect I will come sometime during the day and he might hang around in the evening but I will confirm!

we won't be able to make it over until about 12ish and one of us needs to be back in hitchin by 330 (probably me) and the other will stay (and may need a lift back). I can probably only manage 2 laps but Gary may be able to do more...

OK then, assuming James still wants early and late runs, I'm thinking Paula and James could alternate for the first 4 laps, then Linda and possibly a n other could squeeze one in each before Gary and Lindsay arrive and do a couple each then me, Miranda, Sue, Linda and Gary can take it in turns until James and Paula get back for a later lap each before the lanyard is passed to the fastest runner still standing for a final lap in the dark while the rest of us have a jolly jog round testing out our head torches!

Sue's tent is no more. I think it self destructed. It did seem to have that desire last year. An alternative would be useful. Also bring camping chairs if you have them - and anything you might fancy eating or drinking. It's a long day!

There will be plenty of available lifts back to Hitchin/Letchworth.

Now all we need is sunshine!

actually, I could get there earlier if anyone was available to give me a lift from hitchin?

Lindsay - I'm planning to go over for the start this time, hopefully, so could give you a lift if you want.

Lindsay - there is probably no need to get there earlier unless you want to - I think we have quite a few runners wanting early laps - but if you do then I was going to suggest Linda might offer a lift but she beat me to it!

Don't forget tent and chairs!

ok, will come as originally planned and Gary will stay, complete with headtorch and chairs, assuming someone can bring him home later on x

Tent is packed - may need some help assembling! Fuelling with a gin and tonic! See you in the morning!

10 mins before the line up, I have got the race numbers am am in the scout hut garden.
I’m on 07962565778 if people need to find me.

Yellow cycling bag has everyone’s numbers in (me harpenden arrows gazebo)

If it gets to start time I will start with the tag and keep going till someone shouts me by the start finish.