Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Press report for week ending 26th August

Sorry to start this but i hadn't seen a thread yet & i believe the deadline for submission is 7pm.

I ran the Ellesmere 10k today in Shropshire. The rain was unrelenting but i finished in 4th place in a time of 34:21 for an 8 second pb, my 3rd pb in 15 days.

Re: Press report for week ending 26th August

Newby squirrels Tom and Ellie Webb ran 5k PBs at a fast flat parkrun on the Exmouth seafront. Tom ran in 16.17 and Ellie in 22.10 - Ellie's second PB in two 5k runs, shaving more than a minute off her PB in the last month.

Re: Press report for week ending 26th August

I headed to Box End, Kempston on Saturday to do my first open water 5K Swim. Thoroughly enjoyed the entire swim, which took me 1.24.53.
I then popped down the road to Hatfield on Sunday for the Herts 100mile Sportive for a wet and windy cycle ride. For a route that seemed to encompass every small gritty country lane the course was remarkably well signed. Despite an altercation with a large pothole, I finished wet and cold in time of 5h 29min.

Report version (not running related so not expecting this to make it in):
Steve McKeown completed his first open water 5K Swim at Box End, Kempston on Saturday in a time of 1.24.53.
On Sunday he then rode the Herts 100mile Sportive from Hatfield in wet and windy conditions in a time of 5h 29min.