Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Your results, please for week ending 9th September

Please post your results for the latest week. I already have the Hatfield 5k results, but there was a query over the ladies' team standings. Does anyone know what happened to that in the end?

Ed's write-up got great billing in the Comet last week. Let's keep it going!

Re: Your results, please for week ending 9th September

I got a 2 minute PB at Hatfield

Thanks, Hayley - and very well done!

Would be great to know about other PBs or just your views on the race. It all adds colour to the report.

Woodford Open 3000m Race Walk
Woodford Green Track
Tues 4th September

I have really benefited from recent coaching with Ron Wallwork & Mick Graham at Bury St Edmunds where I’m walking with fast improving junior George Wilkinson. As well as working on my own technique I’ve learned a lot from seeing others practicing it. George and I were both at Woodford for the last of a summer 3000m series.
Race winner was Luc Legon, George took a few seconds off his previous PB to go under 14 mins for the first time and familiarity gave me the confidence to follow him, finishing 3rd in a new PB 13:54:0

Dave

It was a good course I was worried about the whole 2 and a half laps around an industrial estate but actually really enjoyed it looking foward to the next race and hoping to beat my time! Possibly not by 2 minutes lol

Took part in the inaugural Baldock Rat Run 5k on Sunday morning and absolutely loved it! A wonderful, interesting off-road course consisting of multiple potential time-affecting obstacles like narrow tunnels, kissing gates and steps. Wasn’t expecting anything time-wise considering the nature of the course, but I managed to get a new PB which I still can’t quite believe! Don’t know what my official time was, but I believe I was 5th lady and my watch said 22.50. There were quite a few squirrels there taking part.

7 squirrels ran the WGC Half today
James Drew 1.43.00
F Lucy O,Connor 1.48.07 - 3rd W50
Dervla Downing 1.51.25
Katrina Dixon 1.59.29
Andrew Porter 2.05.47 - 2nd M70
Allison Blunt 2.12.53
Vanessa Rolfe 2.23.20 - 3rd W60

I did the WGC half too
Cara Sutton 2.11:30

I ran the great north run today. I finished 624th in 1:31:27.

Bit of an oversight as I was trying to run my number which was 626. 😜

Due to injury, this is actually the 2nd worst Half marathon time I’ve ever raced.

However I had great fun. Me and my sister ran in charity vests. We were both running in memory of grandparents who are from the north east. We spent our childhood on these beaches around South Shields, so it’s a fantastic sight for us to hit 12 miles and see the North Sea.

The red arrows put on a show for us at the end. Which was fantastic!

It’s a great race! One of my favourites. The atmosphere is great! There are fans on the street the whole way round. All offering sweets, ice pops, water... it’s a great race to run. Sadly this might be the last time I run it as my 3 year membership has run out now. I’m disappointed that I never got to give this one my full effort, I was meant to this year. But I’m also very pleased that I got to run it at all. Both me and my sister entered the ballot for many years before they brought out the membership scheme and finally got to run it.

My sister ran it in 2:24:20, so massive kudos to her as she’s had a knee issue as well.

Thanks for posting our results at Welwyn today Vanessa. You beat me to it. James Drew also ran it in 1:43:00. The following people got PBs:
Lucy O’Connor, Dervla Downing, Katrina Dixon & Andrew Porter. I don’t know about Cara Sutton or James Drew though.
I also got a PB at the Hatfield 5k Series race no.1 in 22:12. Apparently it was a club record - (for FV55 I assume?!)
Thx

Having raced Hatfield 5km on Wednesday I included the Rat Run 5km in my longer Sunday run and was pleased to finish in 27.33. Loved the off road course and despite living in the area for nearly 60 years had never been through the tunnel before! Was very envious of the immaculate allotments we ran past, ours has slightly more weeds currently!!

As coach I was aboslutely delighted on Wednesday that athletes in all groups ran such wonderful PBs and feel this reflects our members' commitment to training and the great team spirit we have in the club:)

I also ran the Baldock 5k rat run and finished as 1st male in 17;28.

Paula Holm finished as 1st female in a superb 20:46 to complete a double for NHRR in the men’s and women’s categories.

I can’t find any official results or times yet but also representing NHRR were :

Dave Weston
Stuart Cocks
Hayley Cocks
Karen Dodsworth

And a great number of other squirrels to.

It was a nice community event with a scenic route that contained lots of paths I never knew existed despite 6 years in Baldock ;). It also took on some of the Greenway to complete the scenery.

Lots of marshals helping to direct including our own Tash Pitman who was encouraging all of the squirrels.

All In aid of Garden House Hospice it was good fun to take part and something I can see growing with each year.

James, a couple of fab photos have been posted by Lucy on our facebook page :-)

I also ran in the Baldock 5k today in a time of 26.47. This was lovely course but a bit tough in places. Well marshaled and all credit to Sports Therapy4U for their first attempt of this event. Lots going on with bouncy castle and food etc.
Ian

James, just found out that Cara Sutton’s time at the Welwyn Half was a PB too. She posted her time above.

My Baldock 5k was a pb which I certainly wasn't expecting given the nature of the course! Loved the support and encouragement from Tash while marshalling and Pete supporting!

A real joy to run such a lovely course and for Stewart and I, both Baldock local Squirrels, to do the double! And great to see so many squirrels supporting a local event for such a good cause.

Hi all,

I ran a very sunny Great North Run today, 1:46:45 3331st place! Great run, always a sight to behold at the top of the hill overlooking the sea in South Shields!

Thanks

Chris

Ps also got an all time 5k PB at Hatfield 5k on Wednesday. 21:35.

I did Baldock Rat Run 5km this morning in roughly 23 minutes and 30 seconds and can only echo the positive sentiments. A great community first time event that will grow every year, really supportive marshalling and support along the way. Being claustrophobic (a bit of a tart) can't say I particularly enjoyed running through a narrow low dimly lit tunnel but made it back!!:smiley:

I ran the Great North Run half marathon today (Sunday 9th) to raise money for Breast Cancer Now. In a crowd of 57000 runners and incredibly hot conditions I was very pleased to complete in 2hrs and 4 minutes which is a GNR PB for me. More importantly I have raised over £1600 for the charity.

OK, OK! Thank you for these great reports. You are keeping me very busy!

Really enjoyed the rat race no pb but a fun run none the less along with
Jo sopala
Jo kenlin
Helen - purples
Kelly - purples
Lorna - purples

A great turn out for purples a fun well organised course.