Remember that this forum can be viewed by anyone; anything deemed inappropriate will be removed.

NHRR Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hazel Cussens

North Herts Road Runners who have been members for some years, may recall Hazel who joined the club when we were based at Letchworth Hockey and Cricket Club.

We then moved venue to Letchworth Tennis club where she continued running with us. She eventually had to stop running when she required knee surgery. I think she was a member for about 6 years.

Previously she had run with the Hash Harriers for many years, travelling around the world for their races as well as in Britain.

I have heard from Hazel's sister that she died in lister Hospital last Thursday having been admitted the previous day.

I will be attending her funeral on 25th September. I have the funeral details if any one else
wishes to be there.

Joy Stroud

Re: Hazel Cussens

Hi Joy,
Thanks for passing this on and sorry to hear such sad news.
I'll always how determined Hazel was, especially when she was marathon training (she appears in the NHRR marathon rankings list)
Lindsay x

That is such sad news. I always remember her as being SO active and keen, she was quite inspiring. What time is the funeral please?
thanks

Such sad news .Hazel always had a good word to say about everyone. Her enthusiasm and energy will be sadly missed. . RIP Hazel

very sad news indeed, thanks for letting us know Joy - I remember her well, she also supported all our team events (MWL, XC), helped with the sandwiches and she was always immaculately dressed and made up

funeral details are here:

https://www.familynotices24.co.uk/com/view/4628145/cussens-hazel